What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > M/m fantasy romance with boy saving a magic creature to find out he is a wizard, sick prince love interest and their journey to save him (spoilers ahead)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn | 1 comments I read this online story a year or two ago and I cannot remember the title or author (pretty sure it was a multi post story online). The main character saves a baby creature (magic which has a name like mandrake maybe). He is almost killed trying to save it but the mother creature heals his wound. A wizard (whose name I think starts with a C) takes him to the academy for training which is on an island. He tests into the 3rd level. He was previously trained by a hedgewitch. There is a sick prince whose name might be Eduard. There is the royal wizard (evil, and the father of the wizard who takes the main character to the island) and the royal physician. The royal wizard wants to drain the MC of his blood to heal the prince. Instead Eduard and the MC run away I search of one of the magic creatures in the hopes it will heal the prince. On the journey they find out the prince was poisoned and begin to heal him. The wizard who found the MC ends up finding them and bringing one of the magic creatures with him. The royal wizard kills the king. They find out that the MC is a rogue wizard (can do anything with their magic) and super powerfully but totally loyal to the prince. They judge the royal wizard guilty and strip him of his magic.

message 2: by Britney (new)

Britney | 5 comments Sounded like an interesting story, thought I’d try my hand at google. Found this:

The Wizard of Bright Isle by MomsDarkSecret

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Is this it?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Evelyn, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Was the book published? This group helps people find published books, rather than something that was only an online story.