What is Life without books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive 2018 > What's the News?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 971 comments Mod
I've been posting news articles I think are hilarious under "What's happening in Life?" Since they aren't about my life I started this thread. If you see something in the news that makes you giggle or belly laugh post it here so everyone can laugh about it too.

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Here's my latest find

New Jersey police release mugshot of runaway pug

Who's been a bad boy?

Police in Cape May, New Jersey on Sunday released a mugshot — or rather, a "#pugmug" — of an adorable pug who had a recent run-in with the department.

In a Facebook post, officers joked that: "This is what happens when you run away from home," noting that the pooch was caught while "sneaking through yards," a street away from the town's famous beaches.

The department asks that if anyone knows the pug's owner, contact the Cape May Police at 609-884-9500.

Here's the link so you can see the #pugmug mugshots:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/16/...

message 3: by Patricia (new)

This is the most incredibly stupid thing I've ever read in the news. Here's a little background, the U.S. press has once again blatantly lied in the news saying "Trump is against breastfeeding." The facts are the U.S. refused to sign on to a WHO standard that says breastfeeding is best. Why did they refuse to sign? Because it would have required PRESCRIPTIONS for formula. That was done and is happening in Iraq and babies are malnurished and dying because mothers can't breastfeed or get a prescription for formula.

Now here's the real ridiculous piece to this. Equador put this forward with this as the reason:

Why did officials like this Ecuadorian health minister try to make access to formula so difficult in the first place? It turns out, it wasn’t based on the science behind breastfeeding, but instead, the Western infatuation with the “breast is best” mantra. According to those familiar with the negotiations, the Ecuadorian minister wanted to force women to breastfeed because their babies were “less likely to start a war, because they feel their mother’s love through their breast milk.”

Okay so for all those centuries before formula was invented people have been fighting wars and killing each other for what reason? No formula = breastfeeding. Does anyone understand this stupid piece of crap law the world health organization put forward? If so please explain it to me. I have to believe Eve breastfed Cane and Abel so did he hug him to death with that rock in his hand? Was it feeling his mother's love through breastfeeding that incited that incident?

The world becomes a more stupid place everyday. Equador needs to worry about all those MS13 gang members in their country and keep them from illegally entering ours. I guess those thug animals weren't breastfed.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

^^^^^^^^Sorry about that rant but stupidity is huge pet peeve of mine. Ignorance is fine because it means you don't know something. STUPIDITY is knowing better, not thinking and doing or saying something you shouldn't with full knowledge.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.