I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BotM Nominations > Nominations for August Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (last edited Jul 17, 2018 08:04PM) (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 581 comments Mod
What trade should we read together for our August Comic Book of the Month? Nominate your pick here!

This month's theme is "main character is female."

Titles nominated this month must have a female main character. If you have any questions or concerns, please send a message to mod Kate, who is happy to help. You can find the complete 2018 theme calendar here.

Remember:
- Nominated titles must be TPB comics or original graphic novels.
- Only the first volume of a series may be nominated, unless the group has already read the previous volume(s) as a book of the month. To see what we've read, check out our group's bookshelf.
- Nominated titles cannot have the same writer as the previous month's BotM winner. This month, that's Kohei Horikoshi.
- Nominated titles must fit the month's theme. To see past and upcoming themes, check out the 2018 theme calendar.
- Only one nomination per person.
- You can "second" a nomination in place of nominating a different book, but this will count as your nomination for the month. Seconded books will receive an additional chance of being selected in the randomization process.
- If a title you nominate wins BotM, please refrain from nominating another title for one month to give others a chance.

Nomination & Voting Schedule:
To better accommodate our increasing number of members, the nomination and voting schedule is as follows every month:

16th: Nomination forum opens
23rd: Nomination forum closes; 5 nominations are selected at random; Voting opens
30th: Voting closes

More details on our updated nomination and voting procedures can be found here.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Revival, Vol. 1: You're Among Friends! It is so good, and someday it will finally win...

message 4: by Francis (last edited Jul 18, 2018 02:03AM) (new)

Francis | 134 comments Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 1: Hooked On A Feline
I've wanted to read this for a while as I get familiar with some of the less well known Marvel heroes.

message 5: by Christian (new)

Christian Miller | 10 comments I nominate I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 1: Madly Ever After by Skottie Young. It's one of my favorite comic series.

message 6: by Wayland (new)

Wayland Smith | 263 comments Christopher wrote: "I nominate Batgirl: Stephanie Brown, Volume 1"

So very seconded.

message 7: by Chad (new)

Chad | 825 comments Kate wrote: "Revival, Vol. 1: You're Among Friends! It is so good, and someday it will finally win..."

I'll second this. A fantastic horror series with 2 awesome sister leads.

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason Sandberg (jason_sandberg_ebooks) | 16 comments I nominate Spider-Woman: Shifting Gears Vol. 1: Baby Talk by Dennis Hopeless and Javier Rodriguez. This was a wonderful run!

message 9: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

message 10: by Angel (new)

Angel Noir Revival vol. 1: You’re Among Friends. Hands down.

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 5 comments Spider-Gwen Greater Power

message 12: by Cansu (new)

Cansu Ceren Tüysüz (jhansoo) | 1 comments I nominate The Wicked + The Divine

message 13: by Melvin (new)

Melvin Hunter Rayven Choi

message 14: by Daniel (new)

message 15: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 98 comments It may be a little early for the campaigning, (and therefore off topic), but I was just glancing at the first story in Batgirl: Stephanie Brown  Vol. 2 (Batgirl, and I was amazed.

Batgirl as "That Girl"

message 16: by Jon (new)

Jon Juracko | 1 comments I nominate Paper Girls volume 1

message 17: by Kate (new)

I'm sorry gang, I really goofed this month and forgot to post the rules with this thread. I've added them to the top of this page. I apologize for any confusion.

Cansu Ceren and Jon: Paper Girls, Vol. 1 and The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act have already been books of the month. Would you like to nominate volume 2?

message 18: by Kryštof (new)

Kryštof (pista) | 6 comments I nominate Revival, Vol. 1: You're Among Friends

message 19: by Aidan (new)

Aidan | 6 comments I nominate either Giant Days Volume 1 or Rucka’s Lazarus Volume 1.

message 20: by Jakub (new)

Jakub Kvíz | 16 comments I nominate Animosity vol. 1: The Wake by Marguerite Bennett

message 21: by Václav (new)

Václav (vasaxter) I nominate Abbot vol. 1

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.