Play Book Tag discussion

Red Clocks
This topic is about Red Clocks
July 2018: Dystopian > (Decathlon) Red Clocks - Leni Zumas - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 848 comments Red Clocks is a book where the four main characters are all women in a small Oregon community. They live in a modern time, but abortion and IVF have been made illegal. Soon a law saying you cannot be a single parent to adopt a child will go into affect. The primary women in the story are mostly referred to by their roles; mender, daughter, wife and biographer. The new laws and its restrictions greatly affect the characters; also how they perceive themselves may not always be as others see them. To me the daughter and biographer were the most likable, but how all of them are connected was done in an interesting way. I preferred the second half of the book where stories came together and I felt the writing was well thought out.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I agree with you that the connections among the characters were subtle and interesting. I liked that part too.

Susie | 4488 comments I’m glad you liked it. I want to wipe it from my memory so that I can read it again!