Challenge Corner discussion

November 9
This topic is about November 9
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary/Rom > November 9 by Colleen Hoover - Starting July 24th 2018

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 15005 comments Mod
Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse.

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

Can Ben’s relationship with Fallon—and simultaneously his novel—be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?

Attack Salmon 16% (view spoiler)

Attack Salmon 17% (view spoiler)

Attack Salmon 34% (view spoiler)

Attack Salmon 67% (view spoiler)

Attack Salmon 68% (view spoiler)

Attack Salmon 79% (view spoiler)

Attack Salmon 100% (view spoiler)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments Chapter 1 (view spoiler)
25% in (view spoiler)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments 50% (view spoiler)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 13: by Judy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 464 comments I am very slow at reading this! Work has been awful :(

Attack Salmon Nicole wrote: "Finished [spoilers removed]"

What did u wish the ending would be?

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments Attack Salmon wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Finished [spoilers removed]"

What did u wish the ending would be?"

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Judy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 464 comments Attack Salmon wrote: "100% [spoilers removed]"

Nicole wrote: "Finished [spoilers removed]"

Okay, so I am very delayed, but better later than later lol!!

Anyway, I finished the book yesterday and I enjoyed it! This DEF was NOT my fave Colleen H books I've read, but it I thought it was a cute book.

Def kind of insta-lovey, but idk, it worked for this book!

@Nicole & @Attack Salmon...how would you two have wanted the book to end? What made it "ehh' or "mediocre" for you guys?

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments like i said i really would've liked to see more of their future with the ending a good epilogue to wrap it up nicely. maybe a 5 years down the line on november 9....i love to have my happy endings with a nice epilogue years down the road lol but thats not really colleen h's style with books...

message 18: by Judy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 464 comments Nicole wrote: "like i said i really would've liked to see more of their future with the ending a good epilogue to wrap it up nicely. maybe a 5 years down the line on november 9....i love to have my happy endings ..."

Ahhhh i see! Yeah an epilogue would have been great but i still loved the ending lol

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments I love how all her books are happy endings. But I think she doesn't ever give the "epilogue" because she wants us to be able to create our forever for the couples? I mean November 9, Confess, not really the best "HEA" but we know they got one and we kinda get to make our own scenario in our head.