Madam, want to talk about author Mary Stewart? discussion

The Last Enchantment (Arthurian Saga, #3)
This topic is about The Last Enchantment
Mary's Arthurian Series > The Last Enchantment - Book III (Applegarth)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽, Moderator (new)

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ | 1085 comments Reminder to please use spoiler tags where appropriate. Thanks!

message 2: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 1107 comments Just a few pages in and I'm already contemplating changing our Little House on the High Prairie's name to Applegarth. That is, if I can convince the deer and the grasshoppers to stop eating my baby apple trees. Also, I want a hypocaust.

message 3: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 1107 comments Wow! The excitement just keeps piling up (and in such unexpected ways)

Hana | 316 comments The hypocaust-heated walled garden is a brilliant idea!

Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 271 comments I think the meaning of the title is becoming clearer...

Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 271 comments & as the rest of you have said in the earlier books/chapters this is Merlin's story, but (view spoiler)

Hana | 316 comments Guinevere seems one of the least well-defined characters--amorphous, really. That whole plot thread was something of a disappointment to me.

Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 271 comments Yes it is where I thought the book would really come together for me (I loved the first 2 books in this book) but it is now falling away for me.

Hana | 316 comments That's been my reaction, too. The first two books were shot through with magic that was electric. You really felt the power of Merlin's gods. Maybe it's inevitable since this is a book about Merlin's old age but still....

Bobbie | 181 comments Just finished this section and I did enjoy the way Mary Stewart wrote all the details and made all the facts flow together about the (view spoiler)

message 11: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 1107 comments Guinevere was such a child. It's as though her mind and emotions were stunted somehow; she plays at being grown-up, but I don't think she convinces anyone, least of all herself.