What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Wolf and the Dove
This topic is about The Wolf and the Dove
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance: girl is forced to marry a high ranking lord and they live in a dilapidated castle. [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mpumie86 (new)

Mpumie86 (doingitforthereads) | 13 comments Hi there!!

So I read this book more than fourteen years ago. I had just discovered historical romance (the bodice ripper kind!!) and I fell in live with this book. It had a dark cover and not much on it I think but I cannot be too sure. I checked it out of the library and after returning it could never find it.

this is what i remeber about it. A girl was abducted ( or a prize???) by/to a high ranking member of court. He took her and married her and then moved her to adipilated castle. he would go to court to report to the king and as time went on she was allowed to also come and spend time with the ladies in waitin and queen. In one scene the woman are speaking about how tiresome it is to have sexual relations with thier husbands and she complains that it is because her husband is so thorough in his lovemaking he bites her everywhere!! ( Yes she was an innocent as they would say in those times and did not realize that her complaint was not valid to the discussion.

he was ste dstandard cold and stand offish to her most of the time unless they were making love and as time went on they fell in love. i know its not much but i hope someone could recognize it and help.

message 2: by Mpumie86 (new)

Mpumie86 (doingitforthereads) | 13 comments bump bump

message 3: by Kris (last edited Aug 17, 2018 08:10AM) (new)

Kris | 36622 comments Mod
Mpumie86, what's the time period and country (e.g., England, Scotland, France)? Was the king's court in London?

Can you tell us more about the heroine - aristocratic/rich/poor, family/friends, why was she selected, skills/interests/bluestocking, personality, etc.?

message 4: by Cocoa (new)

Cocoa (brandedcocoabeans) | 16 comments Bit of a long shot, but possibly Song for Eloise by Leigh Sauerwein?

message 5: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Link for Alix's suggestion: Song for Eloise

message 6: by Mpumie86 (new)

Mpumie86 (doingitforthereads) | 13 comments Alix wrote: "Bit of a long shot, but possibly Song for Eloise by Leigh Sauerwein?"

Just read the blurb but I think I will order it and read it to see if its the one. Thank you!

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6966 comments Mod
be sure to come back and let us know if that's it Mpumie86. We do so love to celebrate successful finds.

message 8: by Mpumie86 (new)

Mpumie86 (doingitforthereads) | 13 comments You can close this thread I found the book. Thank You!!

message 9: by Marguerite (new)

Marguerite | 5 comments What was the book?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40678 comments Mod
We don't close a thread once a book is found, but we do move it to Solved and shelve the book. Associating a book with the thread helps anyone in the future looking for the same book.

message 11: by Mpumie86 (new)

Mpumie86 (doingitforthereads) | 13 comments It turned out to be The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E Woodwiss.

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36622 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Mpumie86. Thanks for the update. Here's the link - The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss.

message 13: by Mpumie86 (new)

Mpumie86 (doingitforthereads) | 13 comments Thank you!!!! :-)