Cosmo Readers discussion

#CosmoReadathon Round 3 // Everything you need to know

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie // Callisto (mariecallisto) | 83 comments Mod
Hi everyone!
In August #CosmoReadathon Round 3 will take place. This time around the readathon will be split into two weekends, so the dates are August 17th-19th and August 24th-26th!

As usual there are some reading challenges that we've had before and some new ones. To find a reading partner for the buddy-read challenge you can use the thread "Where do Cosmo Readers come from?/Find your book buddy"

1. Read any book that has been featured in a Cosmo Readers poll previously (or a book from the "Honorable Mentions"-shelf) (List down below)
2. Read a book that suits a song lyric
3. Read a book set in an environment completely different to yours
4. Read a book that intimidates you
5. Read a book that reminds you of your childhood
6. Buddy-read a book

Any challenge may be combined with another one. If there is a book that completes all six challenges that totally counts ;)

I'd love to see your TBR piles on social media such as Instagram, Twitter or YouTube. Just use our Hashtag #CosmoReadathon. It might as well be helpful to find a reading buddy.

If you have any questions you can post them here and I'll try my best to answer them :)
As always I am very excited to host this reaadathon and to read with all of you, whether you are new to this or part of #CosmoReadathon since the beginning!

message 2: by Marie (last edited Jul 16, 2018 05:04AM) (new)

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie // Callisto (mariecallisto) | 83 comments Mod
List (Honorable Mentions):
The Piano Teacher by Elfriede Jelinek Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu The Secret History by Donna Tartt The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell The Wife by Meg Wolitzer How to Breathe Underwater by Julie Orringer Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu White Nights by Fyodor Dostoyevsky We Eat Our Own by Kea Wilson The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman The Sea Wolf by Jack London Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut Love Virtually by Daniel Glattauer