Historical Fictionistas discussion

Recommendations? > Stone age - pre-historic times

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Günter (new)

Günter (honguito) Dear friends!
I am looking for recommendations for fiction novels set in pre-historic times, something like the Earth's children series by Jean M. Auel.
Thanks for your help.
Gunter

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 216 comments I loved Daughter of the Red Deer by Joan Wolf.

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Have you tried People of the Wolf by W. Michael Gear series?

message 4: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (molomonkey) | 106 comments Check out Savage Eden by K.M Ashman, The Year the Horses Came by Mary Mackey, Daughter of the Goddess Lands by Sandra Saidak, and Daughter of the Red Deer by Joan Wolf.

message 5: by Aurora (new)

Aurora | 63 comments Ooh, check his one out :) Sisters of the Black Moon by Frank J. Pesando

There are also books by Sue Harrison who wrote a sextet about people in Alaska about 6,000 or so years ago :)

Peggyzbooksnmusic | 699 comments Back in the 1980's and 90's I read a trilogy by Linda Lay Schuler. I really enjoyed them. The first book in the series is She Who Remembers . I've also read a few books in the "People of the Wolf" series by Gear that Tammy recommended and liked them.

message 7: by Aurora (new)

Aurora | 63 comments She who remembers takes place in 13th and 14th century of current era

Peggyzbooksnmusic | 699 comments Aurora wrote: "She who remembers takes place in 13th and 14th century of current era"

Thanks, Aurora. It's been so long since I read the series and I must have just assumed it was set during pre-historic era.

message 9: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Hurley (fiona_hurley) | 249 comments The Gathering Night by Margaret Elphinstone

Reindeer Moon by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas

The Inheritors by William Golding