Horror Aficionados discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Audio Group Listens > August 2018 Group Listen Nominations

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Let’s get some nominations together for the August Group Listen. Our theme this month is going to be Summertime Horror. Anything set in summer or with a summertime theme or even just summer as a backdrop would be good for nominations.

Audiobooks chosen for a group listen within the past 6 months will not be eligible and authors may not nominate their own work.

Please remember, audiobooks with multiple nominations are more likely to make it to the final poll.

message 2: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (screamqueenwannabe) | 32 comments Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman. She also narrates it. It seems summery imo since they’re honeymooning in Bora Bora. Which is a very popular vacay spot as you know :)

message 3: by Lance (new)

Lance Dale | 69 comments Has Final Girls been done? If not I'd throw it in the mix if not.

message 4: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2495 comments People Who Eat Darkness: The Fate of Lucie Blackman - it’s available free on Audible Channels!

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Zaccaria | 161 comments I'll second Final Girls.

Final Girls by Riley Sager

message 6: by Robert (new)

Robert Mingee (robertmingee) | 776 comments How about Mine? Sounds like the story starts at a summer camp, the rating is good, and is been in my queue for a while. :-)

message 7: by Greg (new)

Greg | 382 comments Summer of Night by Dan Simmons
The Summer I Died by Ryan C Thomas
Jaws by Peter Benchley

The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager (willing to give this ago for the summer camp premise though I really didn’t care for Final Girls)

message 8: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments I nominate Video Night by Adam Cesare by Adam Cesare, it's just recently come out with audio and looks like a lot of fun.

message 9: by Lance (new)

Lance Dale | 69 comments Melanie wrote: "I nominate Video Night by Adam Cesare by Adam Cesare, it's just recently come out with audio and looks like a lot of fun."

I've never heard of this one, but the description sounds awesome!

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Melanie wrote: "I nominate Video Night by Adam Cesare by Adam Cesare, it's just recently come out with audio and looks like a lot of fun."

I just realized it was a GR back in April, does that mean it's out for this nomination?

Jen from Quebec :0) (muppetbaby99) | 397 comments HEX!!! Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt

Hex

(although, we *have* read this one last year, I think...but the LISTEN is a GOOD one!)

--Jen from Quebec :0)

message 12: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Unfortunately, Video Night would not be eligible because of the recent group read.

Nothing stopping a “buddy listen” though if someone wants to pop up a thread.

message 13: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11288 comments Mod
I would like to nominate Within These Walls Within These Walls by Ania Ahlborn Lucas leaves New York for the scene of the crime—a split-level farmhouse on the gray-sanded beach of Washington State—

there's a beach! lol

message 14: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Nominations are now closed and poll is up!

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.