What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > girl in a castle on a cliff

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Hi I'm looking for a book I read when I was younger. It was a young adult book about a girl, or teen who went to stay with family at a large house or castle. I remember the house was on some cliffs or in the mountains. She went out at midnight in her nightgown to explore the property. There was water down below. It could have also been a fantasy book, I don't remember. Please help me find it

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Do you remember any other details? Like ghosts, time travel, or something else being involved?

And what year do you think you read this book? Did it seem new at the time, or like an older book?

message 3: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 989 comments Maybe Long Night Dance by Betsy James? I seem to recall she lived in her father's house atop a cliff but secretly went down to the seashore at night.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36565 comments Mod
Sarah, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help narrow down the search.

What's the time period of the story and the location (country, region)?

Tips for posting a book request -- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 5: by Linda (last edited Aug 26, 2018 11:47AM) (new)

Linda | 25 comments It sounds a bit like Moondial by Helen Cresswell although that's quite an old book. This was set in the UK, a TV adaptation was made and it involves ghosts, but the detail about exploring in a nightgown made me think of it.