Aussie Readers discussion

The Concubine's Child
This topic is about The Concubine's Child
Our Authors Spotlight > The Concubine's Child in the news in SE Asia

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Carol Jones | 100 comments My debut novel is receiving some great reviews and interviews in the Asian press after a short book tour to Kuala Lumpur in June. Set in 1930s Malaya, it's the story of a young concubine who is bought by an ageing tin-miner to bear he and his wife a child.. Many decades later her great-grandson travels to Malaysia to unlock the secrets of his family's cursed past.

I was delighted to be interviewed by The Straits Times in Singapore and The Star, The Sun and BFM 89.9 in Malaysia, as well as very positive reviews in The South China Morning Post in Hong Kong and The Malay Mail in Malaysia. Great fun speaking at Bookfest Malaysia too!

message 2: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea | 1758 comments Congratulations Carol, that’s wonderful! It must be so exciting for you. I’m hoping to fit this book into my reading schedule soon, too.

message 3: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda | 72348 comments Mod
Well done Carol! I have it down to read soon too :)

message 4: by Carolyn (new) - added it

Carolyn | 8452 comments Congratulations Carol! Sounds like a really interesting story.

Carol Jones | 100 comments Andrea wrote: "Congratulations Carol, that’s wonderful! It must be so exciting for you. I’m hoping to fit this book into my reading schedule soon, too."

Thanks very much Andrea. It was a fun trip, and we spent time with family too.

Carol Jones | 100 comments Brenda wrote: "Well done Carol! I have it down to read soon too :)"

Thanks Brenda. I'll be interested to hear what you think. Good or bad!

Carol Jones | 100 comments Carolyn wrote: "Congratulations Carol! Sounds like a really interesting story."

Thanks Carolyn. Malaysia is a very interesting place with fascinatingly diverse culture. I have been visiting my husband's family there for decades and really love it.

message 8: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea | 1758 comments I see your book was featured in this week's Better Reading newsletter - congrats!