Play Book Tag discussion

Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3)
This topic is about Obsidio
July 2018: Dystopian > Obsidio by Amie Kaufman 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karin (last edited Jul 15, 2018 03:39PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karin | 7473 comments Once again, my son rates this higher.

Kady, Ezra, Hannah, Nik and Ellie are all still alive, and are enroute to Kerenza to try to stop the nefarious Bei-tech and get to a jump station and return back to the part of the universe they are actually from. In the meantime, Kady's cousin is still alive on Kerenza where the survivors are living under the military rule of Bei-tech's forces, and she's part of the resistance. Yes, an enormous corporation with its own military; the company has over 700,000 employees. Rhys, her old boyfriend from before she went to Kerenza shows up as a Bei-tech Tech, which doesn't help Asha's situation.

The Illumanie files continue to unravel Bei-Tech's acts of war and how these seven teen are an integral part to the story, along with others. If you enjoy y/a thriller scifi, then you will probably enjoy this as long as you either listen to the audiobook or enjoy the unusual format of this book.

67 people have shelved this dystopian, and I'll say, sure, why not given the horrendous rule on Kerenza IV under the Bei-tech military and the situation aboard the ship Mao could also fit.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Susie gave me the head's up that the format of the book is unusual and worth investing the time in reading it in paper.

This is the final book in the trilogy, right? A solid three stars seems like an okay way to wrap up these books!

Susie | 4488 comments I definitely think it’s worth reading the print copy of these gems.

message 4: by Karin (last edited Jul 17, 2018 03:54PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karin | 7473 comments Yes, all three were 3 stars, and even though the first audiobook was well done, I found print better and switched to it partway through. It's a visual experience. My son, though, is a huge audiobook fan as he has a form of dyslexia and is very auditory/kinesthetic. That said, he does read books he loves at times, and has one lined up to read now that he's finished Obsidio.