Blue Lake Academy discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Movie Night

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (last edited Jul 28, 2018 11:37AM) (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((Pretend)) Time: 6 P.M. to 12 A.M. ((July 15th to August 2nd))

Student Hosts: Chloe Jones ((If you want your student to help host, let me know!)

Entry Fee: Pizza money and a movie (but the students running it will probably let you in even if you don't have these).

Food: Pizza, popcorn, and soda

Decoration: Movie night is taking place in one of the student common rooms. Blankets, pillows, and bean bags are all over the floor in front of the TV.

Dress code: Pajamas encouraged, but not required

((Please remember to put the name of the character you are roleplaying with in parenthesis. Not the one you're controlling, the one the person you're roleplaying with is controlling. This helps prevent confusion.))

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((Everyone/Anyone))

Chloe finished filling cups with popcorn and checked her phone. Pizza would be arriving around 6:30. She hoped that there would be a good turnout for the event. She thought it would be a fun way to celebrate the start of summer, but if no one showed up...

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((Yep! If you go to the Archive Folder you can see examples of previous events and how they work.))

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((No need to apologize! I'm happy to answer questions.))

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((Greene))

Chloe gave Greene a smile, "Hi! Welcome! Help yourself to the popcorn and drinks. The pizza should be here soon." She glanced down at Leo. "Who's this good boy?" She wanted to pet him, but she also knew not to pet a service dog unless the owner offered.

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Chloe wondered if Leo was in-training, but decided not to ask. "I'd love to pet him. Thank you." She leaned down and offered Leo the back of her hand to sniff. "What breed is he?" She furrowed her brows, trying to decipher what breed he was for herself.

message 7: by Catherine (last edited Jul 19, 2018 12:23PM) (new)

"Well, that would explain the thick fur," Chloe huffed out a laugh. "He's very pretty. German Shepherds, and I think Samoyeds too, are intelligent, so they would probably make good service dogs." Her mind flashed to how she'd been told German Shepherds make good guard dogs because of their intelligence and loyalty.

message 8: by Catherine (new)

"Oh, those," Chloe nodded slowly, thinking about the astrological "signs" she had heard of before. "So, have you attended BLA before? This is my fourth year attending," she shared.

message 9: by Catherine (new)

"I love it here," Chloe told her, smiling. "It's definitely challenging, but I love being around so many gifted people, and the interests are great. It's so hard deciding what you want to do in life, you know? I've been doing History, but I'm thinking about switching to Education or Writing for a semester to test them out. What's your interest?"

message 10: by Catherine (new)

"Oh, gosh," Chloe grinned and looked to the side for a moment, deciding what to say first. "It's just so so fascinating to me. All of these brave people in our past, the innovators, the explorers, the leaders, took a step toward forming today. They stepped away from oppression, spoke out, kept trying even when it was hard." Chloe halted her gushing with a sheepish smile. "Yeah, I love history."

message 11: by Catherine (new)

"Definitely," Chloe said with a big grin. "Before I came to BLA I was always top of my class, and now I have to fight to be in the middle of the pack."

message 12: by Catherine (new)

((No worries!))

"Definitely," Chloe agreed. "This school has different aims than the average school, from what I've seen." She gestured toward herself. She was so glad that someone had actually shown up to her event, even if no actual movie-watching was taking place, and she didn't know if any would be. Her main goal was being accomplished, though, in getting to know some new people. Well, one person so far. Plus a dog.

message 13: by Catherine (new)

"Popular vote." Chloe grabbed a couple of movies she had sitting on a nearby table. "I brought Maleficent, Iron Man, and The Greatest Showman. Did you bring any?" She offered a smile to show it was okay if Greene hadn't.

message 14: by Catherine (new)

"Hmm," Chloe thought for a moment. "I don't know if we could hook up your phone to the TV. It might be worth a try, though. Yeah, Maleficent is one of my favorites."

message 15: by Catherine (new)

"Awesome," Chloe smiled. She wondered if they should go ahead and get started, or wait until more people came. Almost immediately after that train of thought left her mind, a group of three students walked in, chatting excitedly. "Hi! Welcome to movie night!" she called over. "We'll get started soon."

message 16: by Bennett (last edited Jul 28, 2018 03:22PM) (new)

Bennett | 763 comments ((Chloe))

Colt walked in and paid the entry fee. He brought some of his favorite movies of all time.. They were History of the World: part 1, Varsity Blues, Airplane!, Robin Hood: Prince of Theves, and Tron. The one in everyone is talking to must be the host. He walked to her and said "im sorry if you already decided on the movie but i have a few more for people to choose from".

message 17: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((Greene/Colt))

"Oh, no, you're fine!" Chloe assured her. "It's actually a couple minutes after six." Turning to Colt, she told him, "Hi! No, we were talking about what our choices would be, but we haven't made an official choice yet." She looked over his choices. "Those look great, too." She thought she was going to stick with Maleficent, though.

message 18: by Bennett (new)

"Thanks thought i was late. Anyway, nice to meet you", Colt said

message 19: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((Colt))
((Ok! You have fun too!))

"It's nice to meet you too," Chloe replied. "What's your interest?"

message 20: by Bennett (last edited Jul 30, 2018 04:19PM) (new)

"My interest is sports. What's your interest?", Colt said

message 21: by Catherine (new)

"Oh, that's cool! Mine is history. What sports do you play?" Chloe tilted her head to the side in a interested way.

message 22: by Bennett (new)

"Football and baseball. My main sport is football, i even have a few college scouts already interested in me and going to see me play in a game this season", Colt said

message 23: by Catherine (new)

"Whoa!" Chloe held up her hand for a high five. "That's awesome! Congratulations!"

message 24: by Bennett (new)

"Thanks its my dream to play in college and either go pro or coach to inspire others", Colt said

message 25: by Catherine (new)

"Well, it sounds like you're already on your way," Chloe said cheerfully.

Glancing at her watch, she realized that the pizza would be arriving any minute now. "I need to go fetch the pizza," she told him. "I'll be right back."

Jogging down the hallway and to the door, she was just in time to catch the deliveryman. After paying, she took the boxes and walked back up to the room.

"Pizza!" she announced, plonking it down on a table.

message 26: by Bennett (new)

Colt grabed a slice of pizza and ate it. "Yeah this is my cheat meal", he said enjoying it

message 27: by Catherine (new)

"Mine too," Chloe joked. "As all of my meals are."

message 28: by Bennett (new)

"Well these two slices are my cheat meal ror the next two weeks. Part of my plan to impress the scouts by pushing myself harder than before", Colt said

message 29: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((I gotta close up this thread. Do you wanna move somewhere else or end the rp?))

message 30: by Bennett (new)

Bennett | 763 comments ((End it))

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.