Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Damascus Cover
This topic is about Damascus Cover
30 views
Books > Books to Film

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Howard Kaplan | 1 comments This is my novel, feature film adaptation starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Sir John Hurt in theaters July 27

Entertainment tonight clips
https://www.etonline.com/jonathan-rhy...


message 2: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Slayton | 2 comments I am an action/adventure author with two books under my belt ("Chaos Company" and "Gargoyle"). Can anyone assist me or provide some advice on how to obtain a film agent?


message 3: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - added it

Lisa P | 1996 comments Mod
Howard wrote: "This is my novel, feature film adaptation starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Sir John Hurt in theaters July 27

Entertainment tonight clips
https://www.etonline.com/jonathan-rhy......"


That's awesome Howard...I'll have to check it out...love Jonathan Rhys Meyers! Congrats!!!


Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 2914 comments Mod
Hi, glad for everyone but I was wondering... Is this thread just for people to announce their own books going to film or was it meant to be a thread where books that have gone to film are discussed?

Just wondering.


message 5: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - added it

Lisa P | 1996 comments Mod
Mike (the Paladin) wrote: "Hi, glad for everyone but I was wondering... Is this thread just for people to announce their own books going to film or was it meant to be a thread where books that have gone to film are discussed..."

Howard started the thread, but I would suggest that this is a good place to discuss any and all books that have gone to film.


Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 2914 comments Mod
That was what I thought when i saw the heading, maybe the comparison between the book and the movie? For example like the two Jack Reacher volumes recently made into movies...or adapted as moves?

What do you think Howard?


message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Miller | 1 comments Two books in the filming that I enjoyed tremendously:

Beneath a Scarlet Sky: A Novel by Mark Sullivan

and

King of Pawns: A Deadly Game Of Espionage Chess by Demi Bom


What are your thoughts?


message 8: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - added it

Lisa P | 1996 comments Mod
Katie wrote: "Two books in the filming that I enjoyed tremendously:

Beneath a Scarlet Sky: A Novel by Mark Sullivan

and

King of Pawns: A Deadly Game Of Espionage Chess by Demi Bom


What are your thoughts?"


I just added both books to my "to read" list...thanks for the recommendation! Both sound like they would make great movies!


back to top