Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Update Book Cover Please

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy Morgan | 6 comments Hello! The book cover featured in my profile is the original version. Could it please be updated to reflect the current version? The new version has removed the words 'A Memoir'. I can send the image file if you need it. Thank you very much!

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Bratislav...

message 2: by Guido (new)

Guido (gjknoop) Done!

message 3: by Christy (new)

Christy Morgan | 6 comments Thank you so much!

message 4: by Christy (new)

Christy Morgan | 6 comments Hi Guido! It's still showing the old cover in my author dashboard and when I do a search for it manually. Does it take time to update? Thanks so much, Christy

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Guido,
I reverted the changes made against the policy.
We do not change one edition into another and that was not even what the author was asking for.

Alternate cover edition needs to be added for Kindle edition
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...
Adding an Alternate Cover Edition

message 6: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments This has been done.

message 7: by Christy (new)

Christy Morgan | 6 comments Thank you everyone! (also: I guess it's not possible to remove the original cover? It was uploaded to Amazon in error when the eBook was first published, and quickly replaced.... I didn't realise it would appear on other platforms in the original format. It was decided to remove 'A Memoir' from the title as it's 99.5% memoir, .5% creative license to further anonymise certain individuals in the book.)

Thank you very much,
Christy

message 8: by Christy (new)

Christy Morgan | 6 comments On another note, I noticed that my book title 'With Love From Bratislava' is also appearing (in a duplicate listing) against another author's profile with the same name as mine (Christy Morgan). This comment box doesn't seem to enable me to attach a screenshot of it unfortunately

message 9: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Christy,

No, it cannot be deleted. Goodreads does not remove published covers. I found the other edition, combined it with the Kindle edition and added the cover.

message 10: by Christy (new)

Christy Morgan | 6 comments Thank you!