YA Addicted Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > August Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Nominations for our August book of the month is now open. You have till the 22nd of July to nominate books and then I will create a poll.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The perfect mother

message 3: by Bree (new)

Bree (bookishlybree) | 9 comments Ash Princess by Laura Sebastion

message 4: by Bree (new)

Bree (bookishlybree) | 9 comments (Can I suggest more then one?)

message 5: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (skavansieur) All that She Can See by Carrie Hope Fletcher

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 6: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1587 comments The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough

message 7: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Bree, suggest as many as you like x

message 8: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Sydni wrote: "The perfect mother"

Who is this one by Syd?

message 9: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (last edited Jul 15, 2018 10:28AM) (new)

My nominations:
The Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1) by S.J. Kincaid After the Fire by Will Hill To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken

message 10: by Nicki (last edited Jul 15, 2018 10:51AM) (new)

message 11: by Bree (new)

Bree (bookishlybree) | 9 comments Thank you :)

*Divergent by Veronica Roth

*Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer

*Losing Brave by Bailee Madison & Stephne Miller

*Legend by Marie Lu

*Warcross by Marie Lu

message 12: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
You May Now Kill the Bride (Return to Fear Street, #1) by R.L. Stine When Life Gives You Demons by Jennifer Honeybourn

message 13: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

If you’re not linking them (yes adding the picture counts) can you please state the author so that when I come to doing the poll I am adding the correct book. Thanks x

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments oooh! I second The Darkest Minds! I want to do a re-read before seeing the movie.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments my suggestion is Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand

message 16: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

heather wrote: "oooh! I second The Darkest Minds! I want to do a re-read before seeing the movie."

I haven't read it and really want to read it before the movie comes out.

message 17: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (alwaysbringbooks) My suggestions: An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine

message 18: by Megan (new)

Megan I would like to suggest anything by Morgan Matson, I absolutely love her writing! I’ve read “Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour”, “Second Chance Summer,” and “Since You’ve Been Gone” and would love to read “Save the Date” and “The Unexpected Everything.” (Sorry I can’t add links rn, I’m on the mobile app). They’re all set in summer so they’d be great to read for August!

message 19: by Sophi (last edited Jul 17, 2018 09:26AM) (new)

message 20: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Soph wrote: "I think Ash Princess Three Dark Crowns A Curse So Dark and Lonely
Crazy Rich Asians"

Thanks for the nominations. It does need to be a book that is available. A Curse So Dark and Lonely doesn’t release until January next year x

message 21: by Sophi (new)

Sophi (sophibooks01) | 16 comments Oh my gosh I didn't even realize that lol.

message 22: by heather - NightlyReading (last edited Jul 17, 2018 11:37AM) (new)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Soph wrote: "Oh my gosh I didn't even realize that lol."

I was super excited when I read the synopsis...then I realized that the book isn't released until January....sigh...another one on the TBR! lol

message 23: by Sophi (new)

Sophi (sophibooks01) | 16 comments heather wrote: "Soph wrote: "Oh my gosh I didn't even realize that lol."

I was super excited when I read the synopsis...then I realized that the book isn't released until January....sigh...another one on the TBR!..."

too true lol

message 24: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

We will keep it in mind for a future book of the month when it is released. I hear they have ARCs at the book con I’m going to next week so I’m hoping I can get one. I have read and loved everything by Brigid Kemmerer

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "We will keep it in mind for a future book of the month when it is released. I hear they have ARCs at the book con I’m going to next week so I’m hoping I can get one. I have read and loved everythin..."

lucky! It looks sooo good!!!

message 26: by Sophi (new)

Sophi (sophibooks01) | 16 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "We will keep it in mind for a future book of the month when it is released. I hear they have ARCs at the book con I’m going to next week so I’m hoping I can get one. I have read and loved everythin..."

Where is this Bookcon?

message 27: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

In London. It’s a part of London Film and Comic Con

message 28: by Sophi (new)

Sophi (sophibooks01) | 16 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "In London. It’s a part of London Film and Comic Con"

You are so lucky I missed the one near me in New York City

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Soph wrote: "Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "In London. It’s a part of London Film and Comic Con"

You are so lucky I missed the one near me in New York City"

I went and it was REALLY crowded!

message 30: by Sophi (new)

Sophi (sophibooks01) | 16 comments heather wrote: "Soph wrote: "Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "In London. It’s a part of London Film and Comic Con"

I went and it was REALLY crowded!"

Ok now I just envy you!!! I was supposed to go but I couldn't I was busy. How was it?

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Soph wrote: "heather wrote: "Soph wrote: "Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "In London. It’s a part of London Film and Comic Con"

I went and it was REALLY c..."

It was crazy crowded and if you wanted to do ANYTHING, you had to stand in a really long line for hours. It was fun because it was my first time there but I really did not get much accomplished. Next year, I will be more prepared. Maybe we could meet up?

message 32: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I already have my book con days planned. I know when the signings I want are on and already have my books post-it-noted. This is my 5th year going so am prepared.

message 33: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

FYI, only 2 more days for you to get your August nominations in. The poll will be created Monday

message 34: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Reminder: last day for nominations.
Poll will be created tomorrow.

message 35: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Thanks everyone, the poll is now live.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.