Play Book Tag discussion

Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
This topic is about Fun Home
Archive: Other Books > Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic | Alison Bechdel | 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Idit | 1028 comments How fun it is to just stumble on a random book in the library, and end up with a gem.
You might all know this book, but I have never heard of it or its writer, until finding it on the library shelf.
In my 20s I read a lot of graphic novels, but in the last decade and a bit I slowed down to an almost halt. I used to know what’s around - even if I didn’t have a chance to read it, but I am now very behind and have no idea what’s been happening in the comics world.

So Alison Bechdel has been happening. This book is a memoir of her childhood, focusing on her relationship with her dad, and contrast the memories with her adult years and the things she had learnt since.
She examines memories, relationships, and using her and her father love of literature to both move the story and highlight themes in a beautiful way.

I found it funny, smart, touching and I recommend with all my heart.

Susie | 4488 comments I read this a few months ago and really enjoyed it too. I’ve not read many graphic novels and it left me with a great impression.

message 3: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments I read this when we had a 'graphic novel' tag. Loved it.

If you want to delve deeper, check out the musical Fun Home :)