Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix discussion

Neville and Luna

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emma Does anyone else ship Neville and Luna? In the books there is nothing to suggest they like each other, but the movies made it so which I was really surprised about (but the movies aren't canon so it doesn't really count).

But I have seen nothing on the internet about people shipping Luna and Neville which I find really strange, because from this book onward I thought they would be amazing together. (Some people ship Harry and Luna which I find really bizarre!)

Nikita I think Neville and Luna are cute together.

Karo "But I have seen nothing on the internet about people shipping Luna and Neville which I find really strange, because from this book onward I thought they would be amazing together."

Then you must have not wandered too far as there are thousands of Luna/Neville shippers on the internet :D Take tumblr for instance, where you can find blogs dedicated to this ship or AO3 where there are more than 800 stories tagged with the ship. I actually think it's one of the more popular ships of the background characters, from my expierence at least. And I absolutely love it and ship it with all my heart. It certainly makes much more sense than pairing them with the characters that didn't appear in the books or appeared for like 5 seconds.

Emma Karo wrote: ""But I have seen nothing on the internet about people shipping Luna and Neville which I find really strange, because from this book onward I thought they would be amazing together."

Then you must ..."

Nope, don't have tumblr, don't like fan fic. On goodreads, anyway, I have not seen anything.

message 5: by Rae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rae I totally ship Neville and Luna! Neville's the quiet, timid type, and it makes perfect sense he would fallin love with Luna's quirky personality. She's defenitely the one who could bring hi out of his shell. This is my OTP and it would definetely be canon in the later years.

Sarah A No? See this is the one issue I have with the movies. They set Neville and Luna up when there was none of that in the books. He is a guy and she is a girl and guess what? They're just friends!
-Luna married a Scamander boy, aka the great grandson (or great great?) of the biggest and nerdiest dork ever. Those two adorable weirdos were meant to be.
-Nevielle married Hannah Abbott which make total sense since he always seemed more of a Hufflepuff in demeanor anyways. Plus her mother was murdered by death eaters so there is shared trauma.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter who you ship. Cannon wins.

emerson Sarah wrote: "No? See this is the one issue I have with the movies. They set Neville and Luna up when there was none of that in the books. He is a guy and she is a girl and guess what? They're just friends!
-Lu..."

I agree completely. I think Luna and Neville mesh well together as friends rather than a couple. I have always imagined them as super close friends who know everything about each other. The movie just throws that random detail for what seems like no reason at all. We never see anymore between them so I think it was just added because they could. I don't hate that idea, but I don't agree with it.

Danielle I ship Ginny and Neville...
She's fierce, and he's sweet, and they'd bring out the best in each other.

But Neville and Luna are fine...

Maybe Ron and Luna?

Aubrey I ship Neville and Luna all the way!!! He is sensitive and she is caring and understanding.

Franny C Nope.
No Neville and Luna

message 11: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani Nieto Perafán Sarah wrote: "No? See this is the one issue I have with the movies. They set Neville and Luna up when there was none of that in the books. He is a guy and she is a girl and guess what? They're just friends!
-Lu..."

Except in The Cursed Child and onwards. Hehe

message 12: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam I think they should've ended up together in the end.. They would have been the cutest couple ever and they just match so well.

message 13: by Greg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Greg Strom So I now know an alternative definition for the word ship (though am not entirely sure it will catch on with general population outside of bloggers and online commenters) I tend to agree with Sarah, just remember cannon is a big gun :)

Samantha As much as I think Neville and Luna would have gone together and been adorable.. I almost wanted Harry and Luna together.. that would be the duo I would choose. I feel like Luna is that perfect kinda of weird to accommodate how everybody thinks Harry is weird. Plus she is his kind of nice. I would much prefer Luna with Harry at the end over Jenny.

J floating in space I definitely ship Neville and Luna! Despite the golden trio, they are my favorite characters and i think they are so adorable together <3

message 16: by Saniye (new)

Saniye i think there are soo cute together!! i shippp

Amanda Artist Cat I ship too, I love them both so much 💕 !

Annika I think that they would be great together, and in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows during the Hogwarts Battle, Neville Longbottom does exclaims, "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN LUNA, HAVE YOU? I'M MAD FOR HER. I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME I'VE TOLD HER SINCE WE'LL PROBABLY BOTH BE DEAD BY DAWN. " Even so, they eventually go there separate ways, Neville Longbottom becoming an Auror for a brief period of time, marrying Hannah Abbott, and becoming the Hogwarts Herbology professor. After the war, Luna became a Magizoologist (Studies magical creatures) discovering and classifying many magical species that had never been encountered before. She eventually married Rolf Scamander, the grandson of Newt Scamander, a famed Magizoologist, with whom she had twin sons, Lorcan and Lysander.

Annika I certainly would NOT have shipped Neville and Hannah together, though Luna and Rolf make since, and Neville and Luna make since too.

message 20: by Greg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Greg Strom Sadly replacing words, shortening words, (ship) using emojis to replace words etc has had an impact on spelling words. Sense, not since. Not LOL, not ROTFFL (added an adjective in there in case you're paying attention). Time to wake up, and I don't mean get woke. Speak, type, and communicate using English if you wish to be heard.