J.D. Robb discussion

Connections in Death (In Death, #48)
This topic is about Connections in Death
In Death Books > Connections in Death (Spoiler Zone)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Feb 13, 2019 01:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13759 comments Mod
Homicide cop Eve Dallas and her billionaire husband, Roarke, are building a brand-new school and youth shelter. They know that the hard life can lead kids toward dangerous crossroads—and with this new project, they hope to nudge a few more of them onto the right path. For expert help, they hire child psychologist Dr. Rochelle Pickering—whose own brother pulled himself out of a spiral of addiction and crime with Rochelle’s support.

Lyle is living with Rochelle while he gets his life together, and he’s thrilled to hear about his sister’s new job offer. But within hours, triumph is followed by tragedy. Returning from a celebratory dinner with her boyfriend, she finds Lyle dead with a syringe in his lap, and Eve’s investigation confirms that this wasn’t just another OD. After all his work to get clean, Lyle’s been pumped full of poison—and a neighbor with a peephole reports seeing a scruffy, pink-haired girl fleeing the scene.

Now Eve and Roarke must venture into the gang territory where Lyle used to run, and the ugly underground world of tattoo parlors and strip joints where everyone has taken a wrong turn somewhere. They both believe in giving people a second chance. Maybe even a third or fourth. But as far as they’re concerned, whoever gave the order on Lyle Pickering’s murder has run out of chances…

Excerpt - First Chapter

22 Chapters

March 2061

Character List
(view spoiler)

Spoiler Info
(view spoiler)

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 1386 comments Cannot wait

message 3: by Paula (new) - added it

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 838 comments As soon as I finish one, I'm looking forward to the next. September will be here before we know it. Leverage In Death.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2559 comments This sounds exciting with the potential of revealing more of Roarke & Eve's struggle with their past. Sounds like Eve is becoming more involved in Roarke's philanthropic ventures.

Dawn | 3245 comments JD Robb’s Facebook page announced a new sweepstake for Connections. Hopefully I copy this link correctly.
https://static.macmillan.com/static/s...

Yes, you certainly did, Dawn and thank you!

It also is a contest for one ARC of the book!

message 7: by Mdy (new)

Mdy | 212 comments Dawn wrote: "JD Robb’s Facebook page announced a new sweepstake for Connections. Hopefully I copy this link correctly.
https://static.macmillan.com/static/s..."

Thanks, Dawn!

message 8: by Veda (new) - added it

Veda  (moonchild63) | 89 comments Tried the link wasn't able to enter though, yet I have it on pre-order via Amazon & given my challenges etc (& my currently reading list which I am slowly widdling away) I can Wait!

I am still digesting 'Leverage..' & mentally savory- ing it, if I could dig out 'Kindred...' well, I'd still have to Wait cause I'd still have "challenge's etc!" Talked myself into a Circle😏

message 9: by Veda (new) - added it

Veda  (moonchild63) | 89 comments Barbara "Cookie" wrote: "Cannot wait"

Seems to me "Some-bodies gonna get it!"

My new saying got from 'Raven's Home!' LOL

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 1386 comments Got this in my email today to win a free tee shit go to read.macmillan.com

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 1386 comments PS hope I got it right

Here’s the link to an excerpt of the first chapter (also included in message #1 above):

http://fallintothestory.com/wp-conten...

Brenda | 109 comments Here's my review - I finished it late last night and loved it!!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Cindy Guilliams Because of when my Audible credit comes in, I’m not gonna be able to read it until the seventh. Oh well, I will get it read eventually and believe you me I will put all my other books aside to read it. I am so so excited!

I'm in the library queue...#8 out of 4 copies. Who knows when I'll get it.

message 16: by ElectricOutcast (new)

ElectricOutcast (electicoutcast) | 430 comments and a neighbor with a peephole reports seeing a scruffy, pink-haired girl fleeing the scene.

Does anyone think that it might be Quilla wearing the pink hair? I don't think it is her, but it's a theory.

Could be!

message 18: by Veda (new) - added it

Veda  (moonchild63) | 89 comments It's almost Here!!!! 🎉👍😍😍

Funny story - I pre-ordered& thought I got Kindle, but it was Hardcopy

& as I'm forbidden
(any more books - outside of Kindle & work related books - MT/Anatomy etc)

So, I am over-the-top Happy to get an
'Actual' 📙 in my hand (that I don't have to return to the Library!;)

It’s release day! Who’s already started?

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2559 comments I haven't started to read yet but I'm ready to start when I get home from work tonight.

I’m #2 of 7 copies at the library. Hopefully it won’t be long.

message 22: by Veda (new) - added it

Veda  (moonchild63) | 89 comments Jonetta wrote: "I’m #2 of 7 copies at the library. Hopefully it won’t be long."

It's in a Postal Carriers truck right now 😖😵😳😲😒! 😍😄

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 1386 comments Just started

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 12 comments I can't wait to start listening!!

message 25: by Veda (new) - added it

Veda  (moonchild63) | 89 comments Veda wrote: "It's in a Postal Carriers truck right now 😖😵😳😲😒! 😍😄"

Its HERE, bye 4 now - as I open the cardboard container, gingerly as

Paper cuts

can be murder (literally!)

In Death here - I come 🎉🎉🎉

message 26: by ElectricOutcast (new)

ElectricOutcast (electicoutcast) | 430 comments (view spoiler)

Jeanette (jenb_73) | 155 comments YAY!! I just received my download this morning. Can't wait to read it!!

message 28: by Veda (new) - added it

Veda  (moonchild63) | 89 comments I was looking at the book of the cover (& there's a special Exclusive map on the other side of the Hardback cover😍) & "Crack" is in this new book, I love him!!!!!

The library came through! I’m starting it tonight.

Phrynne | 323 comments Bought my copy today. I think I will start it straight away!

message 31: by Veda (new) - added it

Veda  (moonchild63) | 89 comments Jonetta wrote: "The library came through! I’m starting it tonight."

So glad you got it!!!!!

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 12 comments Anyone else amazed that (view spoiler)?

message 33: by ElectricOutcast (new)

ElectricOutcast (electicoutcast) | 430 comments Kirsten wrote: "Anyone else amazed that [spoilers removed]?"

No I think Memory took a bit longer for the plot to happen.

FYI, this will become a spoiler zone on February 15.

Please continue using the spoiler feature (thank you!) until that date.

message 35: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn | 3245 comments Anyone listening to the audio? Are you figuring out the clues? I thought I had them down until chapter 11

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 1386 comments Just finished. Did not like the audio book, so I give the book 4 stars. Cannot wait for open discussion.

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 12 comments Barbara "Cookie" wrote: "Just finished. Did not like the audio book, so I give the book 4 stars. Cannot wait for open discussion."

How can you NOT like Susan Ericksen's excellent performance? I look forward to the audiobook nearly as much as I look forward to the actual book!!

message 38: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn | 3245 comments Kirsten wrote: "Anyone else amazed that [spoilers removed]?"

Yes I was surprised

message 39: by Mdy (new)

Mdy | 212 comments I'm really enjoying the audio version - Susan is just as good as I remember her.

BUT....I don't like the new music!

message 40: by ElectricOutcast (new)

ElectricOutcast (electicoutcast) | 430 comments Mdy wrote: "I'm really enjoying the audio version - Susan is just as good as I remember her.

BUT....I don't like the new music!"

Yeah it sounded like something you'd hear out of a horror story.

message 41: by Judy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judy (bigfootgal) | 118 comments Jonetta wrote: "It’s release day! Who’s already started?"

I started it last night. I love the opening internal discussion Eve was having with herself.

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 1386 comments Maybe it was the music but something about the audio turn me off

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2559 comments I like it all. I didn't figure out the clues for the contest either. I will listen again this weekend.

Just finished! Really enjoyed this one.

Kirsten wrote: "Anyone else amazed that [spoilers removed]?"

It had a meandering start. Nice change of pace.

Jenny (diggensjenny) | 69 comments I brought my copy today! I am looking forward to reading it!

Julia (juliace) Kirsten wrote: "Anyone else amazed that [spoilers removed]?"

I didn't even realize until I read your post. :)

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 1386 comments Re read with the audio and the problem was the sound system. Love it

This is now a spoiler zone! Feel free to discuss the book openly.

FYI, message #1 now includes the character list.

How great was it to see Crack again?!!

« previous 1