Anything Goes discussion

Reading Corner > Bridgette Cooke's Reading Corner

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette | 1282 comments Mod
So this is me little corner with my massive stack of books that I want to read eventually.
My current read is Death Bringer by Derek Landy. Death Bringer is book 6 of the series, which is aimed towards young adults. I have to say I love the way Valkyrie "Stephanie" and Skulduggery interact with each other and the other main characters within the series. The adventures that you go along with them is absolutely wonderful and fast paced, full of action that will keep you on your toes. I'm trying not to tell you guys too much without spoiling the series if you haven't read it yet.

message 2: by Bridgette (new)

So today I may have picked up 5 graphic novels from the charity shop. But effectively what I paid for them all would normally be the price of one so that was my justification to myself when buying them. Does anyone have to justify purchases to themselves??

message 3: by Bridgette (new)

I’ve now moved onto book 7 of the Skulduggery Pleasant series which is called kingdom of the wicked and I’m liking it! Just wish I wasn’t so busy then I would be further ahead but I do have a week off very soon!! So just watch this space guys! Let’s see if I can pick up the pace with my reading!

message 4: by Bridgette (new)

So I have just started a book called The cosy seaside chocolate shop by Caroline Roberts

message 5: by Bridgette (new)

Well The Cosy Seaside Chocolate Shop was not my kind of book, I just couldn't get into it at all.
I just started to read the 8th book in the Skulduggery Series called Last Stand of Dead Men

message 6: by Bridgette (new)

So I have just started Th1rt3en by Steve Cavanagh. This is the first thriller that I have read in a while as I have been reading other genres and also this book has been sat on my physical to be read pile for a couple of months now. Hopefully I can cut my physical to be read pile smaller but that seems highly unlikely at the moment as I seem to buy more than I can actually read.

message 7: by Bridgette (new)

So I have managed to complete my challenge!!! yay go me!!!

message 8: by Bridgette (new)

So guys I’ve just started to read Venom Dark Origin. Hopefully I can get more of a back story to the character, than I got from the movie that Sony made.

message 9: by Bridgette (new)

So it’s 2019 and I plan to read at least 100 books. Will keep you guys updated on my progress and whether I increase it!

message 10: by Bridgette (new)

As of last night I am reading The book of Gutsy Women by Hilary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton, and I am enjoying it so far.

message 11: by Bridgette (new)

I’m onto book 9 of Skulduggery series and I’m enjoying it!

message 12: by Bridgette (new)

Forgot to mention at the start of the year that I’ve set myself a challenge of reading 120,000 pages this year. So about 10,000 pages a month. And I am behind by a bit, but who knows what is going to happen in the year!!

message 13: by Bridgette (new)

Well I upped my 2020 goal to 200 I might to be able to reach it.

message 14: by Bridgette (new)

Gosh I really am smashing out the books recently. Definitely going to raise my challenge goal and hopefully do a massive book order online because I’m going to run out of things to read.