Addermire Institute (Semi-Advanced) discussion

Residences > | hyeon's apartment

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 1501 comments Mod
(view spoiler)

message 2: by kaya, true neutral (new)

message 3: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

It had been no short of a hassle guiding Hyeon back to the apartment, and as they approached it, as the other teacher's condition grew worse and worse - Foster decided that it was probably not a good idea to leave this guy alone.

He obviously wasn't going to take care of himself if he'd gotten to this point, and judging by how little he seemed to converse with other teachers, Foster found it unlikely that he had any other friends that'd take that initiative. He pulled the vampire along, "You said your keys were in your jacket pocket?" He asked quietly, turning to retrieve them from him, half tempted to just pick Hyeon up and carry him straight to bed. This man very clearly needed some support.

message 4: by kaya, true neutral (new)

kaya (ananats) | 307 comments Mod

Hyeon nodded at the question — or attempted to. He was so near to passing out at this point that it was more of a head loll. "Mhm." He wondered if Foster would force him to actually go to bed. It wasn't a bad thing, and it was certainly more appealing than passing out on the kitchen floor or on the couch, but he didn't want to inconvenience the other.

Once the door was unlocked, he let one hand trail against the wall as he moved towards the kitchen, not waiting for Foster to help him. Working mostly off memory rather than sight, he made his way over to the fridge and pulled out a thermos. Drinking cold blood that had congealed somewhat was rather like drinking a thick soup that tasted like metal, but it was better than nothing. He slid to the floor, wiping his mouth with one hand. Might as well just fall asleep here — it wasn't that uncomfortable.

message 5: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (last edited Jul 15, 2018 07:59PM) (new)

Foster closed the door behind Hyeon and glanced around with wide eyes. It was a rather small apartment - nothing like his own. It lacked a lot of color he noted, reminded him of a hotel room more than anything, as if Hyeon hadn't even settled down despite being here for years. That stirred a bit of pity within him.

He followed and peeked around the corner, eyes widening, "Oh no," he approached and suddenly scooped the vampire up, shaking his head, "You can't sleep on the floor, that's not a resting place - and you need to start taking care of yourself instead of working yourself nearly to death. This is ridiculous" he chastised as he neared the bedroom, laying Hyeon down, not really giving him a choice.

message 6: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Hyeon vaguely noticed that he had been picked up, stirring ever so slightly. He woke a little more when he was laid on the bed, sighing softly. "Floor's comf'table, though," he mumbled, barely enunciating at all. He rarely slept in his bed — usually he didn't even come back to his apartment, except to eat or change clothes.

He wanted to argue that he didn't work himself nearly to death, that it was his terrible memory and not his actions — but Foster had a point. And he knew that if anyone he had known in the past were here, they would agree wholeheartedly. He'd been doing this for a long time, and would probably never grow out of it. "Go, you don't need to babysit me," he said, barely audible.

message 7: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Foster stared down at him and found himself teetering dangerously over the edge of some awful thoughts. His brows knit together against his forehead and near immediately he turned on his heel, pulling the blanket up, "You're going to sleep, no more papers, no more exams, you need to rest. And then you need to eat something or.. er... Drink something I guess." he shook his head, pulling the covers over Hyeon, "With all due respect sir, I think I do need to babysit you. I'll be back here in the morning to check on you" he said firmly.

message 8: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Hyeon wanted to glare at Foster — but he was basically asleep at this point. "I'm older than your grandparents, I think I can babysit myself." He closed his eyes, turning to face the other way. He was tempted to kick the blankets off, but he doubted the other would let him — he probably didn't know very much about vampires.

[time skip to next morning]

Hyeon woke to a blanket over him and the sound of the kitchen actually getting used. He was confused for a moment, then he remembered what had happened the day before. And he'd forgotten to get his keys back from Foster — and the man had probably took them in case Hyeon refused to let him take care of him. He groaned, sitting up slowly. His head ached, and he pressed the back of one hand to his forehead. This was why he never slept with blankets over him except in the height of winter. Vampires could deal with the cold easily, but dealing with heat was another thing entirely. He slid to the edge of the bed and stood up, before making his way to the kitchen. The headache would go away once he cooled down a little.

message 9: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Foster had taken ingredients out of the fridge to make breakfast originally, but upon finding out that there really wasn't too much to work with, he'd gone and come back with some groceries (he didn't sleep a whole lot either). He'd gone with a pretty traditional breakfast, eggs, bacon, pancakes. Hyeon seemed like a pancake kind of guy - though he personally preferred waffles.

Once Hyeon had come out a grin painted his lips, "You're up, good. Sit down. You're eating breakfast, like normal people" he urged, already beginning to plate the food.

message 10: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Hyeon sighed. "Your definition of normal people clearly doesn't include the younger generations. Or, indeed, some older generations. Breakfast is for people with time and energy." He sat, nonetheless, sure that he would feel nauseous for the rest of the day. He rarely ate breakfast, simply because he preferred to work during the morning and eat at lunch time. It was a nice gesture on Foster's part, particularly since he would have had to get most of the ingredients himself — Hyeon mostly kept things that wouldn't go off. Although, he had more than enough space in his freezer to keep meat (there was one tub of ice cream that he had yet to finish because the cold hurt his teeth, but aside from that it was empty) — but that was a hassle to cook.

message 11: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Foster sighed quietly to himself, setting the plate of food in front of Hyeon and leaning against the counter with his hands on either side of himself, holding him steady, "You don't have to eat a whole lot of it if you're gonna-" bitch and moan like a coward he thought intrusively, pausing to recollect himself, "bicker like that, but you should at least try to start off with a little, and gradually work up from there. I tell my students all of the time - breakfast is the most important meal of the day, because, sir, I think you have the time and energy for it, and it would do you some good" he went on, wiping the counters off.

message 12: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Hyeon poked at a piece of bacon with his fork, yawning. "If I don't eat, though, I can sleep in longer," he pointed out, before eating the bacon. This early in the morning, he was barely paying attention to his body, and his fangs were ever so slightly more present than usual. It was one of the less obvious reasons why he rarely ate breakfast — fangs were even worse than other teeth when it came to getting stuff stuck between them, so it made cleaning his teeth a nightmare. "Besides," he added, swallowing the food, "Arguably, lunch is the most important meal, since it usually involves a break and so people are more motivated to survive until then. Maybe it's not biologically as important, but socially it is."

message 13: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Foster stared at him, deadpanning, "Are you always this stubborn in the face of someone who cares about your wellbeing?" He asked. Though the tone he'd taken wasn't curious, nor was it innocent. It was almost condescending, as if he were scolding him. But he shook his head and the tension in the air quickly dissipated as he grinned again - as if that moment hadn't happened at all. "Regardless, you need to eat. How are you going to do all of that work if you're too tired to get it done effectively?" he questioned, narrowing his eyes expectantly.

message 14: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Hyeon shrugged. "Only when they're this persistent. Usually moderate stubbornness is sufficient." Evidently getting some rest had done him good — he was actually capable of joking. "And I get plenty of work done when I'm tired. Thousands of years of missed sleep and you get really good at coping." He'd gotten worse than this — in Baekje, back when that was a place, he'd skipped any sleep for a month straight and by the end of it his friends found him collapsed in a side street. But three days of sleep and being force-fed blood and food, and he was up and functioning again.

message 15: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Foster stared at him, frowning faintly and tilting his head, "Sir if you don't mind me asking... Has anyone ever actually taken care of you in your life? At all?" he asked, seeming genuinely concerned as he began putting away leftovers. Now he was just more determined.

message 16: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Hyeon yawned, almost cat-like, then spoke. "My family, some friends I made a couple of thousand years ago, and then... I dunno, I haven't really made many friends since then. But I don't tend to stay in one place long — Addermire is a record." His definition of long was possibly slightly skewed — every few centuries, usually, he'd make a drastic move. When he'd come to Addermire, it had been before people really communicated between cities and towns, so he'd been able to get away with changing his identity fairly easily — and there was significantly less paperwork involved. Now, he doubted he'd ever go live in the mundane world again — not permanently, anyway. "And I know that sounds really bad, but I didn't actually know any other vampires for the first few hundred years."

message 17: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Foster listened to him and immediately a pity began surfacing, his brows raising at the short response, how curt it was. He wondered what had to have happened to leave Hyeon like his, so disconnected and bitter. "Well then it's settled, i'll take care of you" he replied with a small smile.

message 18: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Hyeon sighed and shook his head. "Do you actually even know anything about vampires?" he asked. He ate a little more, then pushed the plate away and moved towards the fridge. He was still vaguely thirsty — probably because of the lack of sleep — so he took a full thermos from the fridge and drank slowly. The newer blood was thinner, less like pumpkin soup, but it still tasted the same. Metallic and disgusting. He set the thermos back in the fridge, wiping his mouth with the back of one hand. The fangs were still malfunctioning from tiredness, but they had shrunk slightly. Hyeon groaned as he checked the time. "I have a class in half an hour, you should go."

message 19: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Foster still hadn't given him the key (not that he couldn't just break in if he really wanted to), he kept it with him though, figuring it'd come in handy later - also assuming Hyeon had a spare considering that he had a few as well. He turned on his heel, heading off towards the door, "I can learn, Hyeon, about vampires. Shouldn't be all that hard, hell you could even teach me. Then we'd both be benefiting from this." he smiled, opening the front door.

<< we can do a timeskip if you want >>

message 20: by kaya, true neutral (new)

maybe move somewhere else? hyeon wouldn't stay here unless he was forcibly dragged back. his classroom, maybe?

Hyeon shook his head, laughing softly. "Lesson one: give back my key." He moved towards the door, then held his hand out expectantly. "I forgot where I keep the spare, and if anyone ever tells you that vampires have good memories they've probably never met a really old vampire." Hyeon didn't actually know any other vampires at the moment — but a couple of his friends had been fairly old as well and had poor memories. Thousands of years couldn't fit in anyone's brain, even if they had a near-perfect memory.

message 21: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Foster paused and sighed quietly to himself, taking the key out and setting it on the counter, "Right. Then that's one thing ive learned today, aside from vampires clearly don't know how to take care of themselves. Or maybe that's just a you thing? Have a nice morning, sir" he smirked and turned on his heel, leaving Hyeon alone in the room.

<< yeah that works! I think I already made his classroom >>

message 22: by kaya, true neutral (new)

Hyeon picked the key up off the counter, dropping it into his pocket. This was going to be a long day if he had any more interactions with Foster. He moved towards the bathroom to get changed and neaten his hair (somewhat, though combing it didn't always make it settle down). At least the other teacher wouldn't pester him during classes — he hoped.

doesn't look like you did

message 23: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

<< i went ahead and made it
the classrooms mostly look the same but if you want a different pic just drop it in the thread and i'll replace it
should i post first?

message 24: by kaya, true neutral (new)

yes pls i won’t be home for ages