What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Children Of Noisy Village (Noisy Village, #1)
This topic is about The Children Of Noisy Village
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young Historical fiction - Scandinavian (probably Swedish) Laura Ingalls Wilder lives with family, has brothers, read in 1979 from a school library in English. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelamermaid) | 4 comments I'm 85% sure that the girl is Swedish and the book title is her first name.

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 391 comments Caddie Woodlawn, by Carol Ryrie Brink?

If not that, can you remember anything about the plot, where she lives (city, farm), etc.?

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelamermaid) | 4 comments It’s not Caddie Woodlawn. This girl lives in a rural setting, possibly a farm. It’s set in a Scandinavian country, probably Sweden.

One plot detail is that for her birthday she gets her very own bedroom as a surprise, no longer having to share a room with one of her brothers.

Annamariah | 283 comments It's been years since I last read them, but I'm pretty sure that one of Astrid Lindgren's Barnen i Bullerbyn books has a story about how the narrator Lisa finally gets her own room after sharing one with her brothers Lasse and Bosse who always decided about everything (when it's okay to have a light on to read, when it's time for ghost stories etc.)

The books are Swedish and have been translated into English with different titles for the US and UK audiences, The Children of Noisy Village and The Six Bullerby Children. The books are named after the tiny village instead of the main character, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Rainbowheart | 21141 comments Still looking, Angela?

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelamermaid) | 4 comments Today I borrowed the audio book for The Children of Noisy Village and it is the right book! Thank you!

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelamermaid) | 4 comments Annamariah wrote: "It's been years since I last read them, but I'm pretty sure that one of Astrid Lindgren's Barnen i Bullerbyn books has a story about how the narrator Lisa finally gets her own room after sharing on..."

You were right, thanks!

Annamariah | 283 comments You're welcome, I'm glad you found your book! :)