What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance / WW2. A young teacher runs away to the cottage she inherited from her great aunt because she is pregnant by the student she loves. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by hoda (new)

hoda | 2 comments Spoilers ahead sorry!!
I have tried so many searchers but cannot find the title or author of the book!!
Despite this it is an amazing emotional read and I really want to read it again!
A young teacher runs away to the cottage she inherited from her great aunt because she is pregnant by the student she loves.
Once there she discovers Nells journal and reads how she fell in love with her sisters pilot husband and him with her. Soon enough she gets pregnant as does her sister, her child is stillborn so they swap babies and our original main charector discovers Nell was her grandmother.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
When was it published or when did you read it?
What country is it set in?

message 3: by hoda (new)

hoda | 2 comments Hiya!
Its set in the english countryside and I rreally dont know when it was published but I read it forr the first time 2001. Unfortunatly it was bound with two other stories and we got it from the readers digest when they used to send books at random and if you opened the packaging you had to buy them? Sorry forr the long confusing post but I was quite young at the time.

message 4: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Maybe something by Maeve Binchy ? I know I read one of her books from Readers Digest book club.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36561 comments Mod
hoda, can you tell us more about the contemporary woman - rich/poor, subject she taught, where she taught, her family/friends, does she live alone in the cottage, etc.?

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36561 comments Mod
A Peculiar Chemistry by Kitty Ray is similar to your description.

Google search - site:www.goodreads.com "romance" ww2 professor pregnant inherits cottage aunt english journal

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Hoda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Peculiar Chemistry (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maeve Binchy (other topics)
Kitty Ray (other topics)