Play Book Tag discussion

This Is Me: Loving the Person You Are Today
This topic is about This Is Me
Archive: Other Books > This Is Me: Loving the Person You Are Today by Chrissy Metz ~ 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joni | 625 comments If you have ever watched the TV shoe "This is Us" you have seen Chrissy Metz in her role as Kate.

This book is about Chrissy's life and how she came into the roll of Kate. If you have watched "This is Us" prior to reading this book, you would think that this roll of Kate was written specifically for Chrissy. Their two lives closely mirror each other.

A long way through her journey and this book, Chrissy tells or teaches the reader how to love his or herself in the moment. How not to let others get to you (easier said than done). It's a memior/self help book. I really liked it....there was a lot of "help" in the book.

Chrissy is a wonderful story teller and the book kept me engaged and laughing through out the book. One of the best quotes I pulled from this book was:

"If you can't love yourself for who you are right now, you'll never get to the place you're meant to be."

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9371 comments Beautiful show! Moved to tears this afternoon. I bet the book is great too...

message 3: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments This is on my TBR. LOVE the show. Very happy to see a 5-star review for it.
Excited to see she narrates the audiobook too!