Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA Dark High Fantasy novel

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rhea (last edited Jul 14, 2018 09:31AM) (new)

Rhea Adair (rheaadair) | 4 comments I'm writing this book and recently, as passing the 100k border, I discovered that I'm not sure anymore if what I'm doing is good. So if you would like to help me I have questions on pacing, if I have irrelevant scenes, do characters act in a natural way, or do they come blunt, as well as the overall plot and meaning.

Here is the summary of my book:

Seventeen-year-old Leida is a survivor. Because of the heart attack that left her father incapacitated for work, she had to step up forward and assure the well-being of her family. As she comes back one morning from hunting she discovers that a raid destroyed her village and killed her family.

When she leaves to get revenge on the man that calls himself king she knows that she won't have peace until his blood is spilled. But her strong-headed and violent personality will have devastating results. Accepted into court, Leida will get caught in the webbed threads of mischief and find that killing the man that is responsible for so much death is difficult when you come to trust again and love.

With a murderer hunting the halls of the royal palace and a shadow rising from forgotten legends, Leida will get caught between what is right to do and what she desires, this forging a deep rift between the people she came to care for. Everything will come tumbling when she'll have to decide between breaking hearts, or letting hers break.

Whether you are a serial reader that has a sweet tooth for dark fantasy novels, or an academic trained creative writer that want to share their experience, the feel free to PM me or leave a comment below.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (liseym) | 4 comments Hello! I read a lot of YA dark fantasy, and I would be willing to read a few chapters of your novel. It sounds like my kind of thing :)
my email is idledreams2@hotmail.com

I have beta read for many people, and I mainly focus on what I think works and what I think doesn't.
Feel free to send it through if you like. Cheers, Lisa.

message 3: by Gemma (new)

Gemma | 8 comments I am new to beta reading but would be happy to read this and give any feedback. I eat books anyway. My email is cowprintgirl@gmail.com