What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA or adult historical high school romance in diary format reference to song Night and Day 1940s

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sparrow811 (new)

Sparrow811 | 6 comments I read this book sometime between 1985-1995. The book is in diary format from a high school girl's perspective about her first love. The song "Night and Day" is referenced throughout the book and attributed in the front. I believe the girl thought she was pregnant, but she fell in gym class and wrote about the results. The story takes place in the 1940s.

message 2: by Sparrow811 (new)

Sparrow811 | 6 comments bump

message 3: by Kris (last edited Sep 09, 2018 07:28AM) (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Sparrow811, what's the time period and location of the story - country, region, big city/small town?

Why is the song "Night and Day" (by Cole Porter?) important to the girl? (Spoilers are okay - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

message 4: by Sparrow811 (new)

Sparrow811 | 6 comments Time period is 1930s or 1940s. The song was "their" song. The boyfriend introduced it to the girlfriend and she listened to it a lot and thought of him. The story was set in the USA, but I can't remember any details about location, city, etc.

message 5: by Sparrow811 (new)

Sparrow811 | 6 comments bump

message 6: by Kris (last edited Nov 24, 2018 05:09PM) (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
A shot in the dark (via Librarything.com tagmash: 1940s, diary, romance) -- A Little Love Song by Michelle Magorian?

message 7: by Sparrow811 (new)

Sparrow811 | 6 comments That's a fantastic guess, but not it. Thanks!

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments I know the Booky series was written in diary format, but I'm not sure about the details you describe.