Historical Fictionistas discussion

Recommendations? > Revolutionary War fiction

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Any good revolutionary war (USA) but with main characters or POV from the Loyalist/Tory side?

message 2: by Trish (new)

Trish Butler You can try The Devil Take Tomorrow. The main character is a 'rebel' but there are Loyalist/Tory POVs and good characters, not just bad ones.

It's a great read, I was up at night into the wee hours reading it.

Trish

message 3: by Jasmine, Gatekeeper of Giveaways. (new)

Jasmine | 1221 comments Mod
Our group read The Traitor's Wife: The Woman Behind Benedict Arnold and the Plan to Betray America. Peggy Arnold was certainly a loyalist. It does have a romance piece just so you are forewarned.

message 4: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Thanks Jasmine and Trish. I added them both to my tbr shelf

Peggyzbooksnmusic | 705 comments I can recommend these two by Bernard Cornwell; Redcoat and The Fort.

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Peggy wrote: "I can recommend these two by Bernard Cornwell; Redcoat and The Fort."

Thanks Peggy. Redcoat sounds more interesting to me, so I'll add it.

message 7: by Bonnie (last edited Jul 14, 2018 04:04PM) (new)

Bonnie Harold wrote: ""Oliver Wiswell" by Kenneth Roberts.Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts, Oliver Wiswell. Also my own."

Thank you Harold and it is available at my local library :)

message 8: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Iciek | 448 comments My husband loved Cornwell's Redcoat by Bernard Cornwell and The Fort by Bernard Cornwell . His sister and her family went to New England on vacation and were at the spot where the "Fort" was - it's in the middle of a softball field now, I think.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Eisenmeier (carpelibrumbooks) | 350 comments His Majesty's Envoy is historical fiction set during the Revolutionary War.