Psychological Thrillers discussion

BOTM Past to Present > LET'S TALK ABOUT......

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by stephanie, MOD (last edited Jul 13, 2018 04:51PM) (new)

stephanie | 1420 comments Mod
MEAN LITTLE PEOPLE....by Paige Dearth....

This book is a book that will make you read from morning to night. I won't tell you everything in it, for it will mess up the book, but I will tell you that this kid who had a lot of family issues, and sent to prison, and getting beat up there, and coming back home to know that your dad really don't want you, would mess up your brain up quick. Tony then gets involved with folks he should have not, and then gets into the Mob system, all hell breaks out then...This book has a dark path for some, but it is a book to read if and when you have a chance...…

Next, I was sent a book 2 months ago, and started to read it. First 3 pages, someone gets shot in the chest by a cop, and the story gets even better. This book title I will hold off on telling you for about a week. But these are the books that really catch me, first 3 pages and BOOM....I am a woman who likes fast action....

message 2: by Anne (w/ an E) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 118 comments stephanie wrote: "MEAN LITTLE PEOPLE....by Paige Dearth....

This book is a book that will make you read from morning to night. I won't tell you everything in it, for it will mess up the book, but I will tell you th..."

I have a copy of Mean Little People. I am not sure when I will get to it, but I am looking forward to it!

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (bookworm2017) Chris Carter series is amazing :)

message 4: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Hey,

I've been waiting for 15 hours and 41 minutes (that's what Goodreads says is when Stephanie posted her "Let's Get Things Moving" post... but I can't wait anymore. Unfortunately, I have the patience of a gnat.

I wanted all those who are beach readers, poolside readers, plane-on-vacation readers or rainy day summer readers to know that I'm offering 20 FREE digital Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of my not yet released book, "A Broken Reality" to the first 20 people who ask me for it ON THIS BOARD.

Reply to this message and LMK if you want a MOBI (Kindle), EPUB (most-readers) or PDF file. It's already received quite a few 4-5 star reviews on NetGalley, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed. This is the perfect way to spread some news about "A Broken Reality" before it's release AND to help Stephanie get the thread ball rolling on these hot, lazy summer days.

Looking forward to sharing my words with the first LUCKY 20!!

Thanks for reading this!
Rob

message 5: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn  Snyder | 12 comments hey rob! thanks... can i have a kindle copy of 'a broken reality'?

message 6: by Meredith (new)

Meredith May I please have a kindle copy of A Broken Reality? Thank you so much- appreciate your generosity!

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Yarmolkevich | 19 comments I would like a pdf copy please. :)

message 8: by Jimmie (new)

Jimmie | 287 comments I would like a MOBI copy of A Broken Reality. Thank you for the free copy.

message 9: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (janeandjerryculwell) | 0 comments I would like to have a epub if any still available please and thank you...

message 10: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Rob wrote: "Hey,

I've been waiting for 15 hours and 41 minutes (that's what Goodreads says is when Stephanie posted her "Let's Get Things Moving" post... but I can't wait anymore. Unfortunately, I have the pa..."

Ruth wrote: "I would LOVE a kindle version! Whoo hoo!"

Jaclyn wrote: "hey rob! thanks... can i have a kindle copy of 'a broken reality'?"

Hi All,
Can you please send an email to Rob@AuthorRobKaufman.com with your email address and the version you'd like. Seems that I can't send attachments via Goodreads reply.
Thank you!
Rob

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna Schmidt | 36 comments I am reading it on NetGalley and am loving it!!

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Yarmolkevich | 19 comments Email sent!

message 13: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Just started reading it- AWESOME so far!

message 14: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Donna wrote: "I am reading it on NetGalley and am loving it!!"

Music to my ears... :)

message 15: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Nicole wrote: "Email sent!"

I hope that continues!

message 16: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn  Snyder | 12 comments email sent! thank you so much!

message 17: by Jackilyn (new)

Jackilyn (yackyjackie) | 1 comments Email sent. Thanks so much!

message 18: by Meredith (new)

Meredith I’m already on chapter 8- leftovers for the fam’s dinner tonight! I can’t put this down!

message 19: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Meakim (mimix5) | 2 comments It sounds like a fabulous read. I sent you an email Rob!

message 20: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Meredith wrote: "I’m already on chapter 8- leftovers for the fam’s dinner tonight! I can’t put this down!"

Love it! :)

message 21: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Marcia wrote: "It sounds like a fabulous read. I sent you an email Rob!"

Sent your copy, Marcia. Hoping you enjoy it!

message 22: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Bundle up... it gets colder. :)

message 23: by Meredith (new)

Meredith I know!!! I swear I stayed up 1/2 the night reading... Its so good!

message 24: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 1 comments Email sent. Looks like a great book!

message 25: by Meredith (new)

Meredith SO good!!! Seriously y’all- this book is awesome!

message 26: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 292 comments Rob wrote: "Hey,

I've been waiting for 15 hours and 41 minutes (that's what Goodreads says is when Stephanie posted her "Let's Get Things Moving" post... but I can't wait anymore. Unfortunately, I have the pa..."

HEY ROB! Hope I'm not too late! Please send me an ARC mobi @ adamjameswriter1@gmail.com Woo-Hoo! And tanks!

message 27: by Abe (new)

Abe Cytryn (goodreadscomabecytryn) This weeks news highlight talks about how Israeli agents were able to get secret nuclear documents from Iran.

If you like political/psychological thrillers check out my recently published book "The Heart of Stone"

https://www.amazon.com/Heart-Stone-Ab...

message 28: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn  Snyder | 12 comments Rob, WOW.... i just blew through 48% of your book without getting off of my couch, i didn't even go into the kitchen for snacks and have no idea how it got to be late afternoon so quickly, the phone calls went straight to the machine, i didn't want to be interrupted... i love the way it switches perspectives, can't wait for the discussion! Getting into the mind of Charles is a step into the dark side.

message 29: by Sam (new)

Sam Burrows | 0 comments Hi Rob I would love an ARC of your book if it's still on offer. Thank you :)

message 30: by Chris (last edited Jul 20, 2018 07:36AM) (new)

Chris | 685 comments Rob wrote: "Hey,

A little late reading this but Rob have you ever heard the saying "Patience is a virtue" . Post made me laugh when I read it. It definitely made my day.

message 31: by stephanie, MOD (new)

So Ruth, you or anyone else can open up a thread about this book. Its all open to all Thriller/Psy books....until the end of the year.....so go for it...

message 32: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Ruth wrote: "It was so good, but messed with my psyche. I’m grieving. Lol"

Jaclyn wrote: "Rob, WOW.... i just blew through 48% of your book without getting off of my couch, i didn't even go into the kitchen for snacks and have no idea how it got to be late afternoon so quickly, the phon..."

I'll create a thread once the book is released and EVERYONE can enjoy it. BTW, I'm sorry you missed your snacks. I hope it was worth it!

message 33: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Chris wrote: "Rob wrote: "Hey,

I've been waiting for 15 hours and 41 minutes (that's what Goodreads says is when Stephanie posted her "Let's Get Things Moving" post... but I can't wait anymore. Unfortunately, I..."

I'm still trying to understand the definition of "Patience". :)

message 34: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Look for some guidance... do you think it's a good idea to open a thread BEFORE the book is released or wait until everyone can get a copy? I'll listen to any and all suggestions.
Thanks for your help!
Rob

message 35: by Anne (w/ an E) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 118 comments Rob-IMO, I don't think it makes much difference to the people who haven't read it, as long as they can stay away from the thread. As for the people who have read it, I am sure they would like the thread to be open for discussion.

message 36: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Rob, you do what YOU want...thats my opinion....

message 37: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (kristismo-drrhonda) | 28 comments What is the book. The gal is totally going Gaga about what?

message 38: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn  Snyder | 12 comments rob,
if you wait too long, speaking only for myself, as the number of books i read increases and i am losing sight of the finer points of the plot i thought would be most interesting to discuss...just my opinion...

message 39: by Chris (last edited Jul 23, 2018 07:10AM) (new)

Chris | 685 comments Ruth wrote: "If the gaga comment was about me, don’t mind me or my babbling. When I read a book I either really love it or not. I go overboard when I read a really good story. This was one of those. I’ll try to..."

Dang girl I guess I better move the book up on the TBR. I am trying so hard to get rid of some of the books on the Kindle, Nook and Bookcase. I get rid of some then I add a dozen or so. Maybe if I stay away from GR and NG my book will go down.

message 40: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Please go to the Book List, there is the entire list of the books coming up....

message 41: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Go to BOTM, Past and Present,,,there you will find it...I will bump it up for you...hold on...

message 42: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (janeandjerryculwell) | 0 comments Rob is your book listed here on Goodreads? I'm not able to find A BROKEN REALITY and would really like to get started on this but not finding it listed anywhere here so if you could please help it would be much appreciated...Thank you

message 43: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (kristismo-drrhonda) | 28 comments Ruth. I meant as a compliment. ( The Gaga comment). I read a lot of books and many of them I forget to document or chose to not because they are just “ okay” nothing special. So when a reader like myself finds something extraordinary. I am excited to find the name and grab a copy. I am so sorry that you or others took the comment wrong. I really meant it as a positive for the author, topic, and you the reader who is sharing with us your impression. So please let me and others know which books to go Gaga about Versus those that we should skip.

Thank you.

message 44: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments Thanks, Anne (w/an E).
Something to definitely consider.
Rob

message 45: by Rob (new)

Rob Kaufman | 38 comments I totally understand the point about the "finer points of the plot" being forgotten as time goes on. I appreciate everyone's comments. I think I'll hold off for now and see if it's going to be traditionally published or self-published and then make the decision. Hmmm... and I thought WRITING the book was the difficult part.

message 46: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Schneider (jaschneider) Ruth wrote: "I wasn’t even thinking about the book not being released yet. Even if we don’t give spoilers, it could still give too much out.
On the other hand, it could be like a commercial for people wanting ..."

Hi...I'm late to this conversation. Which book are you discussing? It sounds terrific, I'd just like to know the title. Happy Reading!!! :)

message 47: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (janeandjerryculwell) | 0 comments Started reading this the other night and already half way through chapter 3 and if life wasn't so demanding and husband would let me read more instead of tending to his every little want right now (recently had major back surgery) then i might be a little further but honestly did not see that coming though...WOW

message 48: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (janeandjerryculwell) | 0 comments I just finished reading A BROKEN REALITY and it was one that I hope to see here on Goodreads and Amazon soon. Thank you Rob for the reading and hope to read more of your books in the future...

message 49: by Tantra (new)

Tantra Bensko (tantrabensko) | 1 comments I enjoyed the book as well.

message 50: by stephanie, MOD (new)

I am still reading it. I had a 4 day function that I had to participate in, and that set me back.

« previous 1