Authors-Readers Connect discussion

Historical/Mythic Fiction > Self-Promo for Authors

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Kummer | 626 comments Mod
**If your book is in multiple genres, feel free to add it into both. Example: Paranormal Romance could be promoted in both the Horror/etc. folder and the Romance/Love folder**

**If your book doesn't fall into one of these folders and another must be created, please leave a note in the QUESTIONS FOR MODERATOR folder and I will add that genre asap**

In this folder, readers will come to find books for these genres. Feel free to self-promote your work in any reasonable way.

ONE RULE: Please only submit your promotions into the folders that actually coincide for your book. Example: Don't promote a Fantasy book in the Literary/Children's section.

Any promotions are allowed. Make a new thread for a free book giveaway your having, an author event coming up, anything of that sort. And direct your friends back to this group so even more people will see your promotions!!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The Great War: Escape To Liberty

“The Great War: Escape To Liberty” gives an account of
four separate prisoner-of-war escape attempts and the trials
and tribulations they encountered on their journeys to the frontier
and how they were pushed to the extreme limits of their endurance.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

The Great War: Fields of Blood

The book relates strategies and action on the Western
Front during the First World War and covers
such major battles as the Battle of The Somme,
The Battle of Verdun, The Battle of Mons
and the Battle of Marne.
It shows the courage and bravery of the men
who laid down their lives for peace
and whose memory will never be forgotten.
All the lives of those boys marching up the roads of France and Flanders to the fields of death, so splendid, so lovely in their youth. Their lives were not sacrificed in vain but for peace and liberty.
Let us seek the beauty of life and God's truth, remembering the boys who died too soon, and all the falsity and hatred of war. Let us pray for Peace.

Who cared for the men who had risked their lives and bore on their bodies the scars of war? The pensions doled out to blinded soldiers would not keep them alive. The consumptives, the gassed, the paralysed, were forgotten in institutions where they lay hidden from the public eye. Before the war had been over six months “our heroes,” “our brave boys in the trenches” were without preference.
Where was the nation's gratitude for the men who had fought and died, or fought and lived? Nearly a million of our men gave up their lives. Did they not deserve better? Still it was peace, and the rivers of blood had ceased to flow, and the men were home again... Home again!

There is a hill in England,
Green fields and a school I know,
Where the balls fly fast in summer,
And the whispering elm-trees grow,
A little hill, a dear hill,
And the playing fields below.

There is a hill in Flanders,
Heaped with a thousand slain,
Where the shells fly night and noontide
And the ghosts that died in vain,-
A little hill, a hard hill
To the souls that died in pain.

There is a hill in Jewry,
Three crosses pierce the sky,
On the midmost He is dying
To save all those who die,-
A little hill, a kind hill
To souls in jeopardy.

message 4: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Gee | 4 comments Want to know where you go after death? Our universe has another dimension. Want to know about reincarnation?

Please GOTO https://kinzuakid.blogspot.com/2018/0...

message 5: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Agha-Jaffar | 30 comments I have just released my novel, Gilgamesh of Uruk based on the epic hero, Gilgamesh, from Ancient Mesopotamia.

The book blurb:

Gilgamesh, son of the goddess Ninsun and the mortal Lugalbanda, is the arrogant king of the vibrant city of Uruk, a sprawling desert metropolis. In an attempt to quell Gilgamesh’s oppressive behavior, the gods fashion the wild man, Enkidu, to be a companion to the king and to calm his errant ways. The two form an inseparable bond, embark on a wild misadventure, and commit a series of blunders that offend the very gods who created Enkidu. What happens next sends Gilgamesh on an epic journey to find his ancestor, Utnapishtim the Faraway, to learn his story of survival and unlock the secrets of immortality.

I have posted an excerpt of Chapter One on my blog and website.

The novel is available on Amazon Kindle.

message 6: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Gee | 4 comments Ever wonder about where you go when you die? Maybe another dimension in space? How do you feel about reincarnation? Is it a way to live forever like other advanced beings throughout the universe? Maybe even the multiverse? Ever hear of the light seen after death?

Published in APHELION WEBZINE, to find the link to the story please GOTO

https://www.aphelion-webzine.com/flas...

message 7: by V.M. (new)

V.M. Sang (aspholessaria) | 20 comments I'm thrilled to have received this 5* review. the book only came out on Boxing Day.

Vengeance of a Slave by V.M. Sang is a riveting story set during the period when Rome controlled Britannia. Follow the trials and tribulations of Adelbhert after he and his sister are taken by the Romans from their mother. They eventually end up as slaves in what is modern-day London. Adelbhert performs a nightly ritual to remind himself of the suffering he and his sister have endured, beginning with the crucifixion of their father. He vows to escape and punish those who have wronged him.

V.M. has created a moving story which will keep you turning the pages to find out how Adelbhert and his sister handle their new life. Experience their sorrow, anguish, and finally hope as they adapt to their changing situation. This is the first novel I've red of V.M.'s and it certainly won't be the last! Well done and highly recommended!

message 8: by V.M. (new)

V.M. Sang (aspholessaria) | 20 comments Book1 of Elemental Worlds, The Stones of Earth and Air is now released as an audio book.

It tells the story of how Pettic enters 4 different dimensions, each associated with a different ancient element, Earth, Air, Fire and Water, (in this case, Earth and Air) to find a magical gem associated with it.
The gems are needed so Pettic can rescue his friend, the Crown Prince, who is imprisoned in a mini-dimension.
But he cannot return without the gem. Each world is more strange and dangerous than he could imagine.

I have 50 codes for a free copy.25 for the US and 25 for the UK. If you would like a copy, please let me know by emailing me at vivienne.sang@gmail.com

Tell me if you are in the US or UK as the codes are different. If you do listen, I would appreciate a review, but it's not essential.

message 9: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Holmes (nlholmes) | 6 comments The Lightning Horse and Bird in a Snare are the first of two new series available on Amazon and elsewhere. Lightning Horse is the story of a young charioteer in the Hittite Empire who loses his father in an attempted assassination of the king. He then goes on a quest to find the murderer. But nothing is as it seems, including himself. Will he have to lose everyone he loves to come to the truth?
Bird in a Snare is a mystery set in the reign of Akhenaten. Hani, a diplomat, is sent to investigate the death of a useful bandit chief, but he encounters tangled relationships and old grudges he must cut through, even while shepherding his family through days of uncertainty and religious persecution.