What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

My Louisiana Sky
This topic is about My Louisiana Sky
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A young adult/children's book about a country girl with braids and the cover depicts a backside view of her. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Regina (new)

Regina Osiecki | 261 comments I remember reading this book for summer reading as a kid. I forget the name but I remember bits and pieces of it. It wasn't Hattie Big Sky. I forget the girls name but I think it was in the title, and if I remember the main girl character was a tomboyish country girl, who likes baseball I believe, who wants to be normal and fit in, gets her hair chopped short and put in a braid and wears plain clothes. In the end she ends up embracing her farm girl ways and makes peace with a girl who bullied her for either being a tomboy/lover of baseball(?)/farmgirl when she decided to go to warn the girl against her initial wariness of an oncoming tornado

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
About what year did you read it?
When is it set?

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina Osiecki | 261 comments I believe I read it as a kid so late 90’s-early 2000’s range. I think the time it was set in was somewhere between 1950-1980

message 5: by Regina (new)

Regina Osiecki | 261 comments Ooh it was my Louisiana sky! Thanks Holly!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36610 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Regina. Here's the link - My Louisiana Sky by Kimberly Willis Holt