What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Absolute Brightness
This topic is about Absolute Brightness
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Teen Mystery(?), Girl who thought she hates her (step?)brother, he suddenly goes missing. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bri (last edited Aug 13, 2018 01:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bri (krebony) | 3 comments I can't recall a ton of specific details but I read it sometime in between 2014 and 2016. Pretty sure I grabbed it from my local library that was giving away books that hadn't been checked out in a long time to make room for more popular books.
I think it may have been written from the sisters POV or third person, and set in modern day America, book was definitely not decades old. Written in English, I remember it being sort of slow at the start and then picking up considerably once the brother goes missing.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

(view spoiler)

PS, I'm sorry if that's not enough details, I've never posted here before.

EDIT: Thank you so much, Rainbowheart, the book is Absolute Brightness by James Lecesne.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Aug 03, 2018 03:33PM) (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Bri, what do you know about the brother before he goes missing - e.g., his age, younger/older than the girl, student/job/skills/interests, personality, etc.? How old is the girl?

Who tries to find her (step?)brother? Is this a detective series?

All the Little Liars by Charlaine Harris turned up while searching, but it's for older adults not teens (young adults).

message 3: by Bri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bri (krebony) | 3 comments Kris wrote: "Bri, what do you know about the brother before he goes missing - e.g., his age, younger/older than the girl, student/job/skills/interests, personality, etc.? How old is the girl?

Who tries to find..."

I know they both were teenagers, maybe early high school years. The sister was a typical teen: angsty, angry at the world, hated her brother simply because he was happy. The brother was not in the book for long but I remember he was portrayed as a very bright and positive character, despite being bullied for being gay. He may have been younger than her, but not by much. They were close in age. He often helped the mom with her job, which I'm pretty sure was a hair stylist.

message 5: by Bri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bri (krebony) | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Absolute Brightness"

YES! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have been trying to remember the name of this book for weeks, it's been bugging me like crazy. You're the best!

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments You're welcome, happy to help! :)