Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > No idea what's going on with this book - HELP!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bria (new)

Bria Quinlan (briaquinlan) | 7 comments I have a couple issues, and I'm assuming they're all tied together.

One of my books (WORTH THE FALL) shows up if you search "bria quinlan" but does NOT show up on my front page of my author OR if you hit "see more books by bria quinlan".

It's also not on my dashboard - BUT if I go into the book and hit my name it does take me to my author page.....so it's connected by not.

Also, on my author page, both my series have disappeared BUT (again with the buts!) when you look at the books, the series are listed and if you click on them the series list does come up.

Could someone help me out with these?

THANKS SO MUCH!

message 2: by Scott (last edited Jul 13, 2018 11:20AM) (new)

Scott | 25053 comments There was one edition of Worth the Fall that did not have your real name attached, which (apparently) was preventing it from appearing under your books. I have added the name as secondary and it should be showing now.

Unfortunately, series only appear under the primary author, which in this case is Catie Quinn.

message 3: by Bria (new)

Bria Quinlan (briaquinlan) | 7 comments Thanks so much Scott!

Caitie Quinn was my pen name. How do I make my name the primary now that I don't use the pen name?

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25053 comments It is GR policy to retain the name under which a work was originally published as the primary.

message 5: by Bria (new)

Bria Quinlan (briaquinlan) | 7 comments Ok, but bria quinlan is the primary name on all vendors. They were published as bria quinlan AND caitie quinn initially to not confuse people (which didn't work) so Bria has always been the "primary" author.

I'm not looking to delete the CQ name, just correct whyever it was entered wrong.

THANKS

message 6: by Scott (last edited Jul 13, 2018 12:13PM) (new)

Scott | 25053 comments If the books were published simultaneously under both names, I can move your name up. Now the series should be showing on your page. If it's not, please allow about 24 hours due to page caching.

message 7: by Bria (new)

Bria Quinlan (briaquinlan) | 7 comments Thanks scott, and yes - originally with both names, now without caitie. All I want to do is make sure bria is primary.

I'll recheck the page later today - thanks for your help!

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25053 comments Your welcome. On my end it is not showing on your main page yet, but if you click the series link the next page shows both your series.