Horror Aficionados discussion

Author/Publisher/Etc. Promotion > Looking for Beta Readers

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Hartley Hi everyone,
My name´s James Hartley and I write YA books but in the next few months I´m hoping to start publishing horror books under a pen-name.
I´m looking for Beta readers, or just horror junkies, who would like to read the manuscript for my first book, called The Gorge. It´s about a very strange English town where weird things go in in the old caves. The story is about a young couple who move to the town to try and rebuild their lives. The husband has served and suffered in Afghanistan.
The book is contemporary British horror in the classic vein.
The manuscript is fairly rough but it´s ready and I want some opinions on it. I´m not looking for editors or people to pick holes in it - I just want people who fancy reading it. I can definitely send over PDFs and possibly a MOBI - not sure how high quality the MOBI will be though. After the book´s been read I´ll send it to editors. No covers yet, either.
It´s early days but if anyone fancies a look, please send me a message here or to james@jameshartleybooks.com - would be great if you could tell me a bit about yourself too and why you want to read the book.
Thanks!
James

message 2: by James (new)

James | 3 comments Hey james,

My name is james as well. If your still looking for readers for your novel i'd love to give it a read and offer any commentary that may be helpful. A little about me: im a first time writer currently finishing my first manuscript. Im about to put it away for a few months so i can go into the rewrite with a fresh set of eyes. Currently im trying to get an idea about markets and just build connections. I just recently joined the Horror aficionados group. Hopefully by reading your work i can get offer some helpful advice for you while also looking at my own work from a new angle. If things go well, would you be willing to read my completed work and offer advice? And for your work, anything specific on which you'd like me to focus?

Hit me back on here if you'd to work with me.

James

message 3: by James (new)

James Hartley James wrote: "Hey james,

My name is james as well. If your still looking for readers for your novel i'd love to give it a read and offer any commentary that may be helpful. A little about me: im a first time wr..."

Sounds good James. Send me an email address via the emails on this and I´ll send you mine if you send me yours!

james