What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Scifi where a "city ship" starts to crash, a man and woman escape to a planet

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie | 1 comments Im going based on memory, so the details may not be 100% accurate. But the man and woman (pretty sure he already loved her) manage to escape when their "city" ship starts to crash. She is someone of importance on the ship (like the daughter of an officer maybe?) They land on a planet and try to make their way towards where they see the main space ship crashed. When they finally find it, they try to forage in the wreckage for food and supplies. (I remember them complaining about the smell inside, until they realized it was coming from the rotten remains of the people from the ship. ) Ultimately (SPOILER) the girl dies, but somehow these things on the planet that were silently following them (i think it was actually just the planet itself) it recreated her after she died. So there was a new "her" but she couldn't leave the planet or she would die.
That's all i can remember.
It was an excellent book, and it's killing me that i can't remember what it was!!
I know i read it in the last 5-8ish years.

Please help!

message 2: by Incog (new)

Incog Nito | 100 comments the book you are looking for is These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman

message 3: by Bargle (last edited Jul 13, 2018 03:29AM) (new)

Bargle | 1385 comments Link for the book. These Broken Stars

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Please don't link to your own website. Link deleted.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Julie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?