What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > literary fiction, short story, couple finds photos of themselves inside their own house

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mwachsmann (new)

Mwachsmann | 4 comments A haunting short story about a couple who finds photos of themselves taken inside their house even though there is nobody else there. The pictures are of them doing mundane tasks, like washing the dishes. There is a photo of their bed. It gets creepier when they start to find photos of themselves taken from mere moments before, as if someone is in the house taking the photos of them, but nobody else is in the house. I can't even remember the climax of the story, only the unease it triggered inside me. And I can't remember if the pictures were specified as "Polaroids" or just "photos." I do remember that this story was featured on the Selected Shorts podcast a few years ago. I've asked Selected Shorts on Twitter and Facebook, but they don't respond. I've done tons of Google searches, too. Thank you!

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo | 160 comments Can’t help I’m afraid but following!

message 3: by Mwachsmann (new)

Mwachsmann | 4 comments Jo wrote: "Can’t help I’m afraid but following!"

Thank you!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jul 13, 2018 10:54AM) (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Mwachsmann, have you tried WYNC's contact form for "Find a story, segment or piece of music" (on Selected Shorts)?

https://nypublicradio.zendesk.com/hc/...

message 5: by Mwachsmann (new)

Mwachsmann | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Mwachsmann, have you tried WYNC's contact form for "Find a story, segment or piece of music" (on Selected Shorts)?

https://nypublicradio.zendesk.com/hc/......"

Oh my gosh, I hadn't found this resource. This could be my answer. Will try it asap. Thank you SO much!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Great! Please let us know if you find your book.

message 7: by Mwachsmann (new)

Mwachsmann | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Great! Please let us know if you find your book."

Yes, I definitely will let you know if I hear back from them.

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Still looking for this?