Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Black (Black #1)
This topic is about Black
Previous BRs - Authors; Q - T > Smith, T.L---- Black informal buddy read starts July 13, 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31626 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Black by Black.

Synopsis
I am loyal, but I will betray you.
I am strong, but I have scars.
I am an angel, but the devil.
I met her when I was sixteen, she was a breath of fresh air. She swooped in, making me smile. But then she left, taking my next breath with her.
Her smile could light up a room, making my black heart pitter patter.
I found her again ten years later, with a syringe in her arm.
Blood coming from her legs.
She was broken and I was glad she was broken. She wouldn't think less of me and my damaged ways

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

~ Buddy Style Reads ~
    Three Ways to Enjoy a Book!
At NRBC we use three styles of buddy reads. These will be indicated in the thread title as “Buddy Read”, “Relaxed Buddy Read” or “Informal Buddy Read”.
A “Buddy Read” has a discussion leader and a reading date is set to start the book. A reading schedule is posted prior to the start date and discussion questions are posted each day regarding that section of the book. More information about these types of reads is below. An example is here, showing a reading schedule here.

A “Relaxed Buddy Read” is similar to our usual “buddy reads” except there are less questions and break points. For example, a book may be split into three sections and those reading the book should pause at the end of the section to answer some discussion questions, make comments, or ask their own questions to other readers. An example is here.

An “Informal Buddy Read” doesn’t have a discussion leader and participants are asked to consider some generic questions when making comments about the book. An example is here.

A “Read and Watch Buddy Read” may be set up as any of the above, but we will also watch the movie or T.V. series - or even go to a play! - and make comparisons, discussing what has been left out or changed as well as the actors and actresses. There is a long debate of what one should do first: read the books or watch the movie? We usually read first, but it isn’t essential. Also, if you would like to join in, but don’t want to watch the movie, show, or play, but only read the books, that is fine, too. An example is here.

MORE UNDER SPOILER
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 553 comments Checking in for Team Ginny Weasley!!! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1702 comments Team Hermione Granger

Sorry but I am on the road and had no way to post to this thread. I’m 91% done so this could have spoilers.

Black (view spoiler)

Rose (view spoiler)

The people who are (view spoiler)

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 553 comments Hey Vicki!!! I hope you enjoyed the book. I was super weirded out at first, as I thought the prologue was, quite possibly, the oddest prologue I've ever read. Ha!

However, once I got past that and the first few chapters, I've really started to enjoy this book. There are parts that a bit "in your face," but I'm really enjoying the overall plot. Some parts are a little confusing to me, like (view spoiler)

Black - (view spoiler)

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 553 comments Wow! Wow! Wow! So not the ending....(view spoiler)

A beautiful story that truly took me on an emotional rollercoaster and had me on the edge of my seat! I am so excited to read the next book.

What did you think of this one, Vicki?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1702 comments Morgan wrote: "Hey Vicki!!! I hope you enjoyed the book. I was super weirded out at first, as I thought the prologue was, quite possibly, the oddest prologue I've ever read. Ha!

However, once I got past that an..."

There were definitely parts that confused me too, especially since I most listened to the entire book while driving; however, I did get to read along for about the first 34% so that was helpful.

Black being the "stereotypical bad guy" didn't endear me to him. LOL I really had a difficult time with what he wanted her to NOT do during (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1702 comments Morgan wrote: "Wow! Wow! Wow! So not the ending....I had expected at all. I'm sad. I might've shed a tear. Haha. I'm such a softie! I really thought he was dead, but would miraculously come back to life and as th..."

I thought I'd hate it at first with all of the in your face stuff, but it grew on me due to the plot actually being a good one and their love story.

But I still don't know why (view spoiler)

Roger was Roses's (view spoiler)

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 553 comments Vicki wrote: "Morgan wrote: "Hey Vicki!!! I hope you enjoyed the book. I was super weirded out at first, as I thought the prologue was, quite possibly, the oddest prologue I've ever read. Ha!

However, once I g..."

Yeah I can see why you had a hard time with that, but (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1702 comments Morgan wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Morgan wrote: "Hey Vicki!!! I hope you enjoyed the book. I was super weirded out at first, as I thought the prologue was, quite possibly, the oddest prologue I've ever read. Ha! "

Yea, it definitely made more sense as the story went on. At first I thought he was simply (view spoiler)

Was it Roger who (view spoiler)

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 553 comments Vicki wrote: "Morgan wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Morgan wrote: "Hey Vicki!!! I hope you enjoyed the book. I was super weirded out at first, as I thought the prologue was, quite possibly, the oddest prologue I've ever ..."

Girl, welcome to my confusion! LOL. I seriously don't understand so much of some things that happened in this book. But...(view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1702 comments Well, I guess were in the same boat then. Lol

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Black (other topics)