What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Weight of Life
This topic is about The Weight of Life
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA, Contemporary romance, girl (woman) travels abroad and meets boy (man) after he saves her from almost falling off bridge, girl gathering information for blog. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie | 6 comments Read this book 2015 or 2016. YA or contemporary romance. Female lead character meets handsome stranger after he saves her from almost falling off a bridge. Female is from USA and male is from the country where the novel takes place (possibly England?). Male lead very standoffish and mean at first. He is with his friend when first meet female lead. Male works at a bar owned by his sister and father in law. His wife died. His father in law is elderly. His sister in law dreams of opening a dance studio. They all live together. Female lead is exploring places in foreign country for documenting on blog., but she continues to come back to bar where male works. Female communicates with her brother. Eventually falls in love with male lead and moves from USA to be with him.

Erin Hodgson | 51 comments The Weight of Life by Whitney Barbetti sounds like the book you're looking for.

“Don’t let go.” Those were my first words to him, as I hung over the side of a London bridge. The words I would soon say again, in a moment that didn’t involve bridges, but something much more fragile: my heart.

He held onto me for three weeks, in a time when I needed to be held. Needed to connect to someone who understood how loss tunneled unrepentantly through the fabric of your soul.

Although he said he'd stay, we both knew he wouldn't. I had already survived one loss—I didn't know if I'd survive another.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie | 6 comments Wow, you are so amazing. Thanks so much.. that is exactly it!

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie | 6 comments Erin wrote: "The Weight of Life by Whitney Barbetti sounds like the book you're looking for.

“Don’t let go.” Those were my first words to him, as I hung over the side of a Lond..."

Thank you, Erin!

Erin Hodgson | 51 comments So welcome!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Weight of Life (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Whitney Barbetti (other topics)