Tysons Corner Readers discussion

The Wedding Date (The Wedding Date, #1)
This topic is about The Wedding Date
The Wedding Date

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (last edited Jul 12, 2018 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Angela | 34 comments Mod
So this one was a mixed bag!! Out of the six people who made it to the meeting, one loved it, one hated it and two seemed indifferent! The positives were that it was nice to have some racial awareness in a rom com, it was an easy read, the male lead was hot if you pictured him as Eric Dane from Grey's Anatomy and it made us hungry!! You can read my review under reviews.

Erica | 10 comments Haha, great summary, Angela! I will be providing the Minority Opinion on this one -- see my review.

And keep in mind, you need to apply the Mindy Kaling lens to rom-coms: “I simply regard romantic comedies as a subgenre of sci-fi, in which the world created therein has different rules than my regular human world.”

So, if you're reading this and thinking "How would I interact with a complete stranger if stranded in an elevator?" then all is lost. Just go with it and enjoy where the fluff takes you. And don't listen to the audiobook!

message 3: by Ann (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ann | 1 comments I am so sorry I missed this meeting (poor puppy had surgery and Jamie had to do late work. . . Anyways). This is my type of book, and I didn’t like it. The first part was good, but then it was soooo boring, nothing else happened!!!