『 Ionia 』 discussion

Blackridge > hog's head tavern

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod

message 2: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille swung open the heavy door to the tavern and stepped inside. It seemed awfully crowded for a building that looked so run down on the outside. She was wearing a black turtle neck sweater and black pants in an attempt to not stick out too much. Of course, her green hair was a dead giveaway. Her rounds glasses rested on the bridge of her nose as she sighed. She was there to collect intel on a few of the people that worked at the tavern. Lucille sat down on one of the bar stools, and ordered a water.

message 3: by soub, egg (new)

"Ugh!" groaned Wren, as she crumpled a letter in her slender hand. She raised her hand up and with the flick of her wrist, chucked the letter into a nearby barrel. She began trudging her way over to the nearest tavern, which was a few yards away. Wren rubbed her eyes before pressing a hand on each door, and swinging them open dramatically. People stared as she entered, knowing not to get into her way. There was still a dent in the wall from the last person who got in her way. She walked over to the bar, plopping down in her usual seat, which happened to be next to a girl with striking green hair. Wren propped her head up on the table using her palms and quickly asked the bartender for "The strongest thing you have, in the largest glass possible".

message 4: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille noticed the tension almost everyone had felt when a woman had burst through the tavern. People seemed almost scared of her. Now this was an interesting development. She sipped her water as the woman sat down next to her, and then set her glass down. "Long day?" Lucille asked, with a slight tilt of her head. The latter definitely did look tired, but Lucille wondered if there was another reason. While she did need to collect intel, Lucille pushed that mission to the back of her head. This woman had caught her attention.

message 5: by soub, egg (new)

Wren shifted in her seat and turned slightly to the side. "You have absolutely no idea," she said with a slight chuckle. Wren had no idea who the girl was, but she decided that chatting a little bit couldn't hurt. Wren brushed a lock of hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. She was exhausted from work, and very pissed off, although it was hard to tell due to her demeanor.

message 6: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille did the same, and crossed her legs. "Ah, I'm sorry. Would you like to vent? I've heard that helps." She said, and picked up her glass of water. She watched as the bartender was searching for a larger glass, and then took a sip of her drink. Lucille then looked over at some of the guests in the bar playing pool, and shook her head. They seemed really heated over such a simple game. Her gaze drifted back towards the woman in front of her.

message 7: by soub, egg (new)

Wren shrugged. "Sure," she began. Wren turned to the bartender who had just carefully placed her beverage in front of her. She quickly thanked him, which was odd for her to do. Wren picked it up and stared at it, it was an interesting golden color, which intrigued her. She took a small sip, widening her eyes at how strong it was. Wren set it back down and turned to the girl, ready to let it all out. "Alright, first of all: The king gets on my nerves every single day, and I'd really like to end him."

message 8: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille drummed her finger's on the wooden bar, as she listened to the woman complain. "The king?" She began, with an eyebrow raising. She wondered what this girl was to him. A servant would never dare to speak against the king, out of fear that someone would go back and tell him. So again, who is she? "What does he do to get on your nerves?" Lucille asked. She knew that the king and queen on Blackridge were selfish, but Lucille didn't know the extent of it.

message 9: by soub, egg (new)

Wren sighed, took another drink, then turned back to Lucille again. "He's always giving me shit to do, stuff that I'm obviously not qualified for. And then he gets upset when I don't do it right," she replied, obviously annoyed. "I've tried explaining that I'm not qualified to do it, but he keeps getting all pissy whenever I try."

message 10: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille uncrossed her legs and nodded. "I see. Well what do you specialize in?" She asked. The woman seemed very upset with him. A few clearly drunk men left the bar, not after knocking down a stool, causing a leg to break. The bar tender was clearly exasperated with them, as he went over and brought the stool into the backroom. Lucille snapped out of her thoughts, and listened to the woman.

message 11: by soub, egg (new)

"I'm the castle's doctor," she replied, Wren scoffed at the drunken men hobbling their way out of the bar. Wren took another drink, almost finishing the entire glass. "I've been trained in the art of medicine, not arranging dinners for the king's 'esteemed' guests." Wren knew she could talk crap about the king without any repercussions. No one would dare speak ill of her, they were all too scared.

message 12: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments "Ahh, that makes a lot of sense." Lucille said, and smirked slightly. "Doesn't the king have servants or people like that to arrange dinners?" She asked. Lucille, who was new to Blackridge had no idea how scared people were of Wren. "Isn't it somewhat of a taboo to talk ill of the king..?" She asked, genuinely curious.

message 13: by soub, egg (new)

"He does," she replied, rolling her eyes. Frankly, the king was really getting on her nerves and she was getting really sick of it. "Technically" replied Wren, using air quotes. "It's not like anyone would dare tell him though, everyone knows what happens to snitches." Wren rubbed her eyes. She was somewhat exhausted, but she didn't want to return home.

message 14: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille couldn't help but laugh. She'd only ever heard of children and thugs calling people snitches. Most people in her kingdom weren't too keen on revenge, but that was what brought most criminals to Blackridge. It gave the ordinary citizens something to fear, and gave the criminals people to bully. What surprised Lucille the most about Blackridge was the small amount of White Fang supporters.

message 15: by soub, egg (new)

Wren quickly finished what was left of her drink, and ordered another. She huffed, still very angry. Wren suddenly began to question why the girl was here, but didn't think she should pry. But of course, she did anyways. "So, why are you here. Blackridge, I mean?" asked Wren.

message 16: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille was surprised at the woman ordering another drink, but kept her mouth shut about it. "Well, I'm an author! I'm planning to go around some of the bookstores and promote my book. My name is Lucille, maybe that will ring a bell, maybe not." She spoke in a honeyed tone. Of course she did want to promote her new book, but that wasn't the real reason as to why she was in Blackridge.

message 17: by soub, egg (new)

Wren thought for a moment, furrowing her eyebrows. "I've uh- I've heard of you before!" she replied, remembering the time that two patients were chatting about books, and her name came up in the conversation. "Well, It's very nice to meet you, Lucille." Wren stuck out a slender hand and smiled slightly.

message 18: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille smiled back at her and shook the woman's hand. "It's nice to meet you too..erm, what is your name?" She asked, and glanced at the bartender. While she waited for the woman's response she ordered another water. The ruckus near the back of the bar seemed to get louder, which led to Lucille rolling her eyes and turning back to her.

message 19: by soub, egg (new)

Due to the rowdy citizens at the tavern, Wren could barely hear Lucille speak. She turned in her seat, and glared at everyone. "Quiet!" she barked, her voice dripping with venom. Everyone stopped what they were doing, and became a lot quieter. "I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" she asked kindly.

message 20: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille glanced at everyone who immediately obeyed, like children whose parents yelled at them. She was amazed at this. "I asked you what your name was." Lucille repeated with a grin on her face. The bartender placed her water down, and she sipped it.

message 21: by soub, egg (new)

"It's Wren. Wren Porter." she replied. Porter wasn't her actual last name, it was the last name of the doctor before her. She didn't want to carry on her parent's last name, so she took his instead. Wren turned back to her new drink and took a few large sips.

message 22: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments "It's nice to meet you Wren. I'm just curious but, what are your opinions on the whole White Fang rebellion?" Lucille asked, setting her glass down. She wanted to hear her opinion. If she were on the side of the White Fang, she'd possibly try to recruit her.

message 23: by soub, egg (new)

"Well, I do believe it was the High King's time, and he definitely had it coming. I don't support the way that they chose to get rid of him, but other than that, I support their reasoning and cause." She replied. Wren was equally annoyed with the old High King, as well as the King of Blackridge. She had debated joining the white fang before the whole thing happened, but Wren liked her job too much.

message 24: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments "Ah, I agree." Lucille replied, which wasn't completely a lie, but it still was one. She really only joined it on a whim, and for the thrill, but she wouldn't tell the officials of the White Fang that. "Have you ever thought about joining? I'm sure there are ways to do so." Lucille said, and shrugged. "In my opinion the High King was an old hag."

message 25: by soub, egg (new)

"I did, before the incident with the High King. I would join, but I don't think there is a position like that for me there." she replied. In truth, Wren could use her skill set for a lot of things, maybe even torture methods.

message 26: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments "I see." Lucille replied, deciding to not push further. She didn't really have much to talk about, so she turned back to her water. The bar had a few small bowls of peanuts line up, so she reached over and took out a few to eat. "Do you play pool?" She asked, still facing her drink.

message 27: by soub, egg (new)

"A little," said Wren, acting slightly modest. She was pretty good at it, but she hadn't played in a long time, so her skills were rusty. "Wanna play?" asked Wren.

message 28: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille hopped off of the bar stool. "Yeah, definitely." She said and grinned. "Wanna make a bet?" Lucille asked, with a tilt of her head. It wouldn't be something crazy, nor would it be something boring. While she wasn't the best at the game, it was something fun to do.

message 29: by soub, egg (new)

"I'd love to." she replied, hopping off her stool as well. Wren swayed a little bit, but she steadied herself using the stool. Wren quickly finished off her drink and asked the bartender to put it on her tab. "What shall we bet?"

message 30: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille walked over to a pool table that had people there. They were about to start a game before they saw Wren. They quickly moved to a different pool table. "Hm, let's make a simple bet, I don't want to lose any money." She started, smiling. "How about you bet your hairpin, and I'll bet a spot for your name in my new book?" Lucille asked, as she picked up a cue stick.

message 31: by soub, egg (new)

Oh, my hairpin... thought Wren. She really didn't want to bet on that, it was a gift to her by her mentor. "Oh- Uh..Alright.." she replied, unsure about the decisions she was making. Wren walked over to the pool table, picking up a stick as well. She walked over to the cue stick stand, searching for a chalk cube to rub the tip of her stick with.

message 32: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille noticed her hesitation. "Are you sure you want to bet that? You can always change what you want to be." She said. After all, Lucille probably wouldn't wear the hairpin if she did win it. She picked up some chalk for her cue stick, used it, and then held it out for Wren. "I doubt I'll win anyways, though."

message 33: by soub, egg (new)

"What about...If you win, I join the White Fang?" asked Wren. She honestly wouldn't mind joining, even though there might not be a healer/doctor position, she did have a way of making people talk, that could be helpful. Wren took the chalk that was handed to her and quickly used it on her stick. She set it back on the rack once she was done.

message 34: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille smirked ever so slightly, but turned to the pool table before it could be seen. "What makes you think you'd be able to join the White Fang through me?" She asked. Lucille didn't remember mentioning herself being a member of the White Fang, but she might've accidentally made it slip.

message 35: by soub, egg (new)

Wren shrugged. "Well, I'm guessing that you're a member, or am I wrong?" she guessed, smirking slightly. Wren let herself lean against the pool table while waiting for a response. She fiddled with the cue stick, passing it from one hand to the other.

message 36: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments "You're smart, I am. I might've mentioned the White Fang too much during our conversation, though." Lucille said, and positioned herself on the other side of the table. "Well, I agree to that bet. Would you like to go first?" She asked, smiling still.

message 37: by soub, egg (last edited Jul 21, 2018 06:53PM) (new)

“Please, go first. I insist!” Replied Wren. She continued to fiddle with the stick, passing it from one hand to the other in small, swift movements. Wren wasn’t entirely sure she even had a shot at winning. Sure, she was good at one point, but Wren hadn’t won a single game in months.

message 38: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille positioned the white ball so it was in the center of the table. She leaned forward with her cue stick facing the horizontal position, aimed, and then hit the ball. The rest of the colored balls dispersed, and the solid one made it in. "Ah, got one." Lucille said. "I'll take solids, you can take stripes."

((ew, i don't know how to describe pool at all lol. also who should win?))

message 39: by soub, egg (new)

((Oof sAmE, could Lucille win? Ahah I like the idea of Wren joining the white fang))

message 40: by soub, egg (new)

((Yeah I have absolutely no idea how to play pool, so I’m going to read up on that but I swear I will respond I’m so sorryy))

message 41: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments ((yes! she can win lol. and no worries, take your time))

message 42: by soub, egg (new)

"Alright." replied Wren. She bit her bottom lip as she tried to conjure up a plan in her mind. Wren bent over, positioning herself, and her stick correctly. She held the stick at an angle, before attempting to hit the ball. Wren struck the ball with her stick, and watched the others scatter around the table. Only one striped ball slid into one of the holes, causing Wren to frown.

message 43: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille didn't have a plan, she never did. She went through life with the motto: "whatever happens will". She stepped around the table and bent over. The white ball was a bit far from the solid colors. Lucille hit the white ball, and it pushed two solid colored balls in.

message 44: by soub, egg (new)

Wren positioned herself again, and hit the ball, causing it to hit the side of the table. Unfortunately for her, no striped balls went in. It could have been the alcohol or the fact that Wren had become rusty at playing pool.

message 45: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille smiled to herself. While she wouldn't get much for winning, recruiting a new member would be enough to make her superiors happy with her. She continued the game, and sipped her water.

message 46: by soub, egg (new)

"Ugh. I suck." complained Wren as she leaned against the table. Wren rested her elbows on the pool table and held her head in her hands. She suddenly became super tired, although it was probably because she hardly ever slept.

message 47: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille didn't get any balls in, so she looked at Wren. "You're turn." She said, and smiled. She only had two more balls to get in. "It looks like you'll be joining the White Fang, unless you can turn the game around." Her voice lowered so she wouldn't catch the attention of anyone else at the bar.

message 48: by soub, egg (last edited Jul 24, 2018 04:13AM) (new)

Wren pushed herself off of the table, and reached out to grab her stick. "I guess you're right!" She was definitely going to lose, but for some reason, she was alright with that. Wren positioned her stick, and attempted to hit the white ball. Of course, she only ended up getting one ball in.

message 49: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Lucille waited for Wren to go again, since she got a ball in. Once she did, Lucille ended the game by getting the rest of her balls in. "Well, that was fun!" She said cheerfully. Lucille finished drinking the water she had, and led Wren to the bar. She ordered a glass that was filled with a dark red liquid. "So, when would you like to join the White Fang?"

message 50: by soub, egg (last edited Jul 24, 2018 07:48PM) (new)

Wren followed Lucille to the bar. She contemplated ordering another drink, but immediately decided not to. "As soon as possible, if that's alright with you of course." replied Wren. She hoped she could continue working at the castle. Wren loved her job, she just hated the people.

« previous 1