Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Set New Edition as Primary

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayci (last edited Jul 12, 2018 11:42AM) (new)

Kayci Morgan (kaycimorgan) | 15 comments I'll just explain what I did because it gets kinda confusing. I originally published an MFM book under the pen name Adrianne Kane, I've sense retired the name and unpublished all the books written under it except Bearly Rivals which I put under my main pen name Kayci Morgan.

With KW closing down, an expanded MMF version of Bearly Rivals is scheduled for a re-release on July 20th under a new publisher so I made a second edition for it. I'd like the second edition set as primary and put under my profile on Kayci which currently it's not there. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Thank you.

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Kayci,

Bearly Rivals is showing up for me under your name. To set it as the primary or default edition, you can follow the steps:

1) Navigate to the book's page. Be sure you have selected the edition you wish to become the default (primary) edition.

2) Click "edit details" below the book's description.

3) On the right side of the page, click "Set this book as the primary edition for this work". It's about midway down the page.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45422 comments Mod
Please note that all editions of the work must have Adrianne Kane as the first listed author.

In general, authors can set the default edition themselves. However, since you have not claimed the Adrianne Kane account, I set this default for you. It's not something librarians can do, only staff, so if you have any more books you cannot set the default for yourself, please use the Contact Us link on the Help page to ask for assistance.

message 4: by Kayci (last edited Jul 12, 2018 03:52PM) (new)

Kayci Morgan (kaycimorgan) | 15 comments rivka wrote: "Please note that all editions of the work must have Adrianne Kane as the first listed author.

In general, authors can set the default edition themselves. However, since you have not claimed the Ad..."

Is there a way to take off the Adrianne Kane name entirely or leave it as two seperate books? Putting my old pen name first has a links to a bunch of no longer published books as "other books by the author" under my upcoming release.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45422 comments Mod
Please see https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...
For books published under multiple versions of the author's name or published under multiple pseudonyms: The first author listed for any and all editions should be the author name the book was originally published under - so the reissued edition would need its primary author name changed to the originally published pen name, with the additional name added as secondary for all editions with it on the cover. Doing this will allow the various editions to be combined.