What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Older ('70s-'80s) Kids Mystery Series featured two young boys and a girl

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phil (new)

Phil | 185 comments A few months ago I was traveling and popped into a used bookshop with a huge selection of kid's titles. There was a boxed set of paperbacks that featured two young boys and a girl who would find themselves caught up in mysteries. The box had a colored illustration of the three kids as well as a sinister-looking house and a spooky old woman in a rocking chair. I have since contacted the store but my depiction isn't ringing any bells. Sound familiar to anyone?

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 300 comments Maybe try the Spotlight Club Mysteries? It’s 2 boys and girl and the publishing years match. The first in the series is Mystery of the Melting Snowman: A Spotlight Club Mystery.

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil | 185 comments The older covers definitely look right - going to check them out. Thanks!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jul 12, 2018 04:44PM) (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Mystery of the Melting Snowman: A Spotlight Club Mystery (1974) by Florence Parry Heide - Ashley's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=Vb4... There are black-and-white illustrations inside the book and different versions of the cover image.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Phil, are you still looking for this or did you find it?