Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Update Book Cover

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Perez (joybroker) | 18 comments Cheers - The cover has been updated for TORPOR ISBN 1453684751 Torpor: Though the Heart Is Warm

Here is a link to the cover image: https://static1.squarespace.com/stati...

Thank you so much!

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Working on it.

message 3: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Done.

message 4: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Perez (joybroker) | 18 comments Thank you, Monique - that was fast! Is it possible to show this as the primary cover rather than as the alternate? The old cover is not available at all... It's not an "alternate" edition. Really appreciate your help.

message 5: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Laurie wrote: "Thank you, Monique - that was fast! Is it possible to show this as the primary cover rather than as the alternate? The old cover is not available at all... It's not an "alternate" edition. Really a..."

You an set the new edition as the primary or default edition using these steps. The wording of the librarian note won't change though.

HOW DO I SET THE DEFAULT EDITION FOR A WORK?
1) Navigate to the book's page. Be sure you have selected the edition you wish to become the default (primary) edition.

2) Click "edit details" below the book's description.

3) On the right side of the page, click "Set this book as the primary edition for this work". It's about midway down the page.

Only Goodreads Authors can set the default edition at this time.

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25086 comments Only the author can set a primary editions. You can do that from the book's edit page.

Old books still circulate so it is an alternate edition by GR definition.

message 7: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Perez (joybroker) | 18 comments Ah - I didn't know I had that power :) Thank you both, Monique and Scott for clarifying. All good!