The Next Best Book Club discussion

Non-Book Related Banter > Denver ideas?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 44 comments I was wondering if anyone had restaurant or entertainment ideas for my upcoming Denver trip? Thanks for your ideas in advance!

message 2: by JSou (new)

JSou I know when I was in Denver visiting my sister, we took the train to the downtown area. It was great to stroll through all the shops and restaurants there. Oh, and The Tattered Cover bookstore is there, which I highly recommend checking out! ;)

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara I love this design blog, and every few weeks or so they post a city guide put together by locals. Here's a link to the Denver one: http://www.designspongeonline.com/200...

It's more like fun shops and boutiques, but sometimes there's some good ideas in the comments where people will mention favorite restaurants and stuff.

I've been to Denver once (unfortunately for a professional conference so I didn't get much touristy stuff done) but I loved it. If you're into sports, I would highly recommend a Rockies game!

message 4: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 18 comments I was just there in June for work! The 16th street "mall" is really cool for little restaurants. Also the Wynkoop Brewery was really fun. The Molly Brown house is a very cute museum (formerly house of a titanic survivor), and the Denver History Musuem was really cool. They also have a lot of little bus tours. I took one into the foothills, which was only 3 hours long but you really got to see some of the little towns and gorgeous views of the Rockies. I used http://www.denver.org/ for lots of ideas! Have fun~

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Hi Brooke - well, I've never been to Denver, but I am currently reading "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb, and the setting is Colorado. The character mentions going into The Tattered Cover bookstore in Denver...so, there you go! May as well check out a Denver book store while you are there....I presume it's a real place. Have fun!