What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Kidnapped boy, Corsairs, Eunuchs and a ship named the Seraph

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberleigh (new)

Kimberleigh Krepp | 2 comments MAY Contain spoilers. Book is about Kidnapped boy, Corsairs, Eunuchs and a ship named the Seraph, it is not a childrens book. Some of it is actually horrific.
Hello Everyone, I am hoping to find the name of a book I read in 2000, which may be one in a series of novels, written by a male author. The book could be historical fiction, drama, adventure or something like that, and was probably written years before I read it. The timeline in the book is probably 1600's-late 1700's.
The book is about a christian boy kidnapped at sea, who wound up enslaved by Muslim Corsairs, and others he was traded to, and the boys experiences after being kidnapped. It has Corsairs, Pirates, Eunuchs, Harems, and all kinds of multi cultural characters, the child is taken to probably somewhere in the middle east and/or Caribean throughout the book, while he was enslaved. I seem to recall that he was coming from England but am not 100% sure.
The name of the ship he was taken from was the Seraph or at least a ship in it is named the seraph, thats all I can really remember, it was a great read descriptive, and colorful, but was missing a big chunk of it and the covers so I have no idea who wrote it or when, also sorry for the lousy description. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it, Thank you-kizi420

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40655 comments Mod
YA or adult?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36591 comments Mod
Ironfire by David Ball?

Kimberleigh, where did the boy live (country, region, big city/small town)? Who else was kidnapped with the boy (e.g., family members) and happened to them?

message 4: by Kimberleigh (new)

Kimberleigh Krepp | 2 comments I think he was from England, but not sure, may have been kidnapped in the Caribbean, thanks

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40655 comments Mod
Does that mean you ruled out "Ironfire?"

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ironfire (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Ball (other topics)