What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Classic historical fiction, early 1900's. Painter lives by the water (sea?) with a girl, he rides a bicycle to town. (Possibly set in/near Sardinia? and they drink absinthe?) Read about 19-20 years ago.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne R. (new)

Suzanne R. Mazac (her_suziness) I read this book about 19/20 years ago about a painter who lives by the water (maybe the sea) he lives with a girl and rides a bicycle to town. Set in the early 1900's. That's all I remember, but I want to say that it is set in or near Sardinia and they drink absinthe, but I'm not sure about that part, I may be confusing that with another book.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Suzanne R,, please read the group pointers/rules at the top of the group homepage - which explain what to put in your header.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Suzanne, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Can you tell us more about the main characters - their ages, is she a girl friend or relative, rich/poor, etc.?

What are the themes or tone - romance, family secrets, struggle of artist, poverty, somber, angsty, funny at times, etc.?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Suzanne R. left the group. Moving to Abandoned.