You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life You Are a Badass discussion

Book Review

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ChiOma Benita Onyido You Are a Badass® How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero Jen Sincero

The title of this book was what caught my attention.
This Queen of badass made me understand that gratitude is also a big deal. Saying thank you goes a long way too and it’s not just about manner now but sincerely having and showing deep appreciation for the many miracles of life.
She hammered tremendously on faith mixed with gratitude.
Jen took me on a journey, carefully addressing all my issues one after the other. I’ve never read a self-help book like this.
JEN SINCERO IS A BADASS WRITER!
Of course, this is an obvious statement. From this review, you can tell that Jen is a celebrated voice in the world of self development.
I got bored at some point
This book is a complete 155pages of self-help and motivational talks and quotes. In as much as I like motivational quotes and everything, I got bored at some point and had to drop the book for like a week but still came back to finish it up. So, yeah, you might get bored.

"Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out".
Carl Sagan

Not all her advice is practical (in my own opinion).
I read a part where she shared a story about a friend of hers who decided to buy an expensive house because she loved the house and she ‘believed’ she would get it no matter what. She also mentioned that that same friend wasn’t so moneyed. So, when I read that part, I was like “hello, what did I miss? How did she get the money suddenly, how?? WHAT DID I MISS???!!!”.
(It still didn’t make the book less awesome to me though).

Monica I think you touch on the same stuff I went through as I was reading the book. I think Jen Sincero is a bad ass writer! And she slapped me in the face with "Girl where is your gratitude?? How are you going to get what you want when you barely acknowledge what you already have.
But yeah the part about her buying the Audi (I think) even though she couldn't afford it and then getting the money by charging her clients more, etc. or her friend buying a house and then getting the money. Like I GET the point, they MADE it happen. They risked it all and proved just how badly they wanted it. But what happens if we all start risking it all? Like?? We're all gonna quit our jobs and buy things even though we can't afford dinner? Like I just don't know how practical that is, even though I want to BELIEVE that all I have to do is want something that bad and just do it.

But I still loved the book. I still think about things she wrote about years after reading it.

Life Is Very nice and Helpful post .Specially the Title of the books catch my attention ..
Relocation Companies Dubai