Little Shop's Catch All Book Club discussion

Summer Reading Bingo suggestion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 4 comments Mod
Hi everyone! I'm trying to complete the Summer Reading Bingo Challenge and I need a suggestion for a middle grade book that features a non-American protagonist. Thanks!!

message 2: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 1 comments I just finished Shooting Kabul by N.H. Senzai and it was wonderful! It's about a middle school boy from Afghanistan whose family seeks asylum in the US shortly before 9/11. (Definitely more middle grade then YA even though the character is middle school age.)

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 4 comments Mod
Whitney wrote: "I just finished Shooting Kabul by N.H. Senzai and it was wonderful! It's about a middle school boy from Afghanistan whose family seeks asylum in the US shortly before 9/11. (Definitely more middle ..."

That sounds great!! Thanks for the suggestion!

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Thach (rwatkins82) | 2 comments Is Memoirs of a Geisha too advanced?

message 5: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (angryorang) | 4 comments Mod
Jillian wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm trying to complete the Summer Reading Bingo Challenge and I need a suggestion for a middle grade book that features a non-American protagonist. Thanks!!"

I recently reread Konrad by Christine Nostlinger for podcast research. If you are looking for something lighter and fanciful, that might be a good bet!