Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Cloudstreet by Tim Winton - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by evsbooks (new)

evsbooks | 17 comments Cloudstreet by Tim Winton

Okay, so i had to read an Australian book and came across this one at the airport the other week and thought, well ill give it a shot but im not really into classics. This book took me by surprise!!
Cloudstreet is the story of two disjuncted families who's string of bad luck leads them to live in a house on cloudstreet. It details the life of these people and there kids over 20 years in the 1940's. There lives take some crazy and ugly turns but also some really beautiful ones.
It is written beautifully and well structured with sub headings for each section of the book so it is easier to distinguish between seperate characters POVs.
Although, I am from Australia and i still struggled with some of the Aussie lingo. However, the book is definetely worth the googling of aussie terminology!
It is a great classic that is very hard to put down!!

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments What a wonderful Australian classic. He is one of our gems. I’m looking forward to trying his latest offering some time soon.

message 3: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5159 comments You remind me that this has been on my TBR for some time. *Sigh* too many books...