Play Book Tag discussion

Kinsey and Me: Stories
This topic is about Kinsey and Me
Archive: Other Books > Kinsey and Me by Sue Grafton - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2330 comments One of my favorite mystery series will never be finished due to the untimely death of author Sue Grafton. How sad that her alphabet series ended with letter 'Y'. This book is a collection of short stories half of which star her PI Kinsey Milhone. They are interesting and full of the quirky humor Kinsey often showed during her investigations. The last half of the book I believe is semi-autobiographical. These very short vignettes star Kit Blue who speaks of her love of mystery novels from a very young age, growing up with alcoholic parents, the early death of her mother and many other family issues. I'm not sure why, but I felt very uncomfortable reading Kit's stories almost like I was learning way too much about a person I admire greatly. Anyway, if you are a Grafton fan you will more than likely enjoy this book.

message 2: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue | 1403 comments I loved this series too, and I'm so sad that we'll never get to Z.

On the other hand, we can imagine Kinsey living on... I think there may have been a big temptation to kill her off in Z. I was dreading that possibility!

I enjoyed Kinsey and Me when I read it a while ago. Nice addition to the series.

Ellen | 2330 comments Oh, it never occurred to me that she might have killed Kinsey off in the "Z" book. That would have been dreadful! I like your thought that Kinsey lives on.